Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is that considered a steep price for two rims?
As you now front wheel is not suitable for tubeless so they will replace the rim and convert front wheel then to tubeless
Rear wheel is OK so they will convert it.
This is professional conversion and you get warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Found out why my bartubeless conversion was leaking, puncture seal in the tyre had eaten the wheel rim and also lifted off the polymer sealing causing leaks. Rims are a right off due to severe corrosion.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Found out why my bartubeless conversion was leaking, puncture seal in the tyre had eaten the wheel rim and also lifted off the polymer sealing causing leaks. Rims are a right off due to severe corrosion.
Pictures?

I'm having my Alpina tubeless rims installed tomorrow. Stock rims on my 2019 still look like new after 16500km. I assume the Bartubeless warranty does not apply if the rim is corroded?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Pictures?

I'm having my Alpina tubeless rims installed tomorrow. Stock rims on my 2019 still look like new after 16500km. I assume the Bartubeless warranty does not apply if the rim is corroded?
(+1) Yes, if possible, it would be a bonus to see.

@Chris Graham, when you mean "puncture seal", did you mean something like "Slime", or similar product?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Woody's Wheels warns against using any sealant on their builds. They state it's corrosive and should be removed ASAP.

·
Registered
413 Posts
What brand of sealer was that, I have had something like that with Slime but not that bad.
I asked, but he didnt know, when he had the wheels fitted the place that did it offered sealant and he said yes. big mistake. I would guess the damage was in part due to the paint used on the wheels. it offered little or no protection and so the sealant had plenty of time to do its work. obviously he had a puncture, but it wasn't immediately apparent. I would guess this took some time to get this bad.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Why would a company make a tire sealant that is corrosive...good thing the same scientists weren't in charge of sending men to the moon....

41 - 52 of 52 Posts