Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tubes do you recommend?
I will be switching to Shinko 804 and 805 tires soon and I'm not sure if I need heavy duty tubes or not.
I will be riding everything from mid level rocky trails to interstate.
Thanks

·
Registered
814 Posts
I picked up some Heidenau Motocross HD tubes and will put on the same tires that you are planning before taking my summer riding journey. The tubes are heavy - literally. I think they'll do the trick.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up some Heidenau Motocross HD tubes and will put on the same tires that you are planning before taking my summer riding journey. The tubes are heavy - literally. I think they'll do the trick.
Do you have any concerns of them over heating while doing 75 mph on the highway for a extended period of time?

I would think they would be ok and am leaning towards IRC heavy duty tubes.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Well, I can't ride anywhere legally in Canada at 75mph, but I think they'll be just fine. I've had a previous bike with tubes and road 20,000 kilometres on the same set of tubes - on and offroad and had no problems. I think these will be fine unless you're riding your AT like a supercross bike. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I can't ride anywhere legally in Canada at 75mph, but I think they'll be just fine. I've had a previous bike with tubes and road 20,000 kilometres on the same set of tubes - on and offroad and had no problems. I think these will be fine unless you're riding your AT like a supercross bike. :)
No supercross rider here. haha

Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts