Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't understand this.

The 2019 is available in two colour schemes. the first is identical to the 2018. the other silver bike is new this year. (and looks great in the real world.)

The only difference between the red/white/blue 2018 and 2019 is the former has a 30th anniversary sticker. and thats it.

If you dont like the silver bike.. dont buy it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup, I agree the 2018 colours are superb and the 2019 a letdown (I have a 2018!). If it matters to you surely just buy a 2018.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
I don't understand this.

The 2019 is available in two colour schemes. the first is identical to the 2018. the other silver bike is new this year. (and looks great in the real world.)

The only difference between the red/white/blue 2018 and 2019 is the former has a 30th anniversary sticker. and thats it.

If you dont like the silver bike.. dont buy it.
In the US Honda only offered the AS in silver/grey in 2019. Tho I do agree it does look better IRL LOL first picture I seen of the ‘19 I thought it just was a black and white photo

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
The 2019 adventure sports only comes in grey in Canada. And there are no 2018 models left!!
I got lucky and got the last one (2018) in Honda inventory in the US. Tho I’m sure there are still a few at the dealers on the showroom floor. Ended getting it for $13980.00 out the door a white/blue/red 2018 AS DCT..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Many of you wil NOT like this.

Sorry, but I view the red white and blue as butt ugly.
Do the Japanese do that with their cars? No. So why the bikes?
Seriously, it's SO 1970's, and tasteless.
Think what you will about my post, but I stand by my opinion and my taste.

·
Registered
800 Posts
You obviously don’t appreciate the history Honda has with those colours, nor the decade they represent.
As for comparing them to Honda cars....could you be more boring ?
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fact that it's so 1970's is EXACTLY why I want it ?

I have yet to see the 2019 in person, but I doubt that I would like it as much as the 2018

·
Registered
81 Posts
You obviously don’t appreciate the history Honda has with those colours, nor the decade they represent.
As for comparing them to Honda cars....could you be more boring ?
:rolleyes:
I'm well aware of the 'history', so what?
And You're right, I have NO appreciation for that past nor that decade, why live in the past?
BTW, did I hurt yer wittle feewings?
From a modern marketing standpoint, it's crap.
You have your taste, and I mine. Mine is better.

·
Registered
423 Posts
No need to get out of line gentlemen for a totally subjective matter. Those of us who like this colour scheme, do not need to persuade others that it is anything else than a .... nice colour scheme. Yes, it represents something to many, but definitely not to all.

Those of us that do not like the colour scheme, do not need to persuade others that it is a crap. Simply do not buy it....

And for those that they like the bike but hate the colour scheme, there are plenty of paint shops that will be happy to take your money and paint you bike in any colour scheme you would like....

See? everyone can be happy..... :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
225 Posts
No need to get out of line gentlemen for a totally subjective matter. Those of us who like this colour scheme, do not need to persuade others that it is anything else than a .... nice colour scheme. Yes, it represents something to many, but definitely not to all.

Those of us that do not like the colour scheme, do not need to persuade others that it is a crap. Simply do not buy it....

And for those that they like the bike but hate the colour scheme, there are plenty of paint shops that will be happy to take your money and paint you bike in any colour scheme you would like....

See? everyone can be happy..... :grin2::grin2:

I would say mature people don't need to push their ideas onto others really, tastes are subjective so someone thinking they are right says it all !

I went for a Spanish company decals, but nowadays I prefer the not to see stock decals/colours and not be like all the other ATs out there, it can be a pain to
apply these, but I really think that's nicer designs for everyone that wants something different and not pay for a full paint !

https://www.signaturecd.com/product/honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-black-metallic-red-gray-safari/
https://rubberdust.com/africa-twin-reload/
https://moto-sticker.com/Honda-XRV-750-Africa-Twin

Reactions: MPNM

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had been dragging my feet about getting a 30th anniversary bike because I thought Honda would carry the paint scheme over to 2019. When I learned they didnt, I found one of the last 2018 Adventure Sports with DCT in my area. Thankfully is was on sale and purchased in 5 minutes over the phone. Love this color scheme, it reminds me of my old RC30.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like my red, white, & blue 2019 AT. When I tested the gray one I also tested a BMW 800 that looked a lot like it, as did the VFR1200, Multistrada (can't remember the year) and many other bikes on the floor. I told the dealership to prep the RW&B model because I like the way it looked better.

Besides, I don't want to be stealth in the mountains when I ride. If I go down I want to be found. ;-)

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
I like my red, white, & blue 2019 AT. When I tested the gray one I also tested a BMW 800 that looked a lot like it, as did the VFR1200, Multistrada (can't remember the year) and many other bikes on the floor. I told the dealership to prep the RW&B model because I like the way it looked better.

Besides, I don't want to be stealth in the mountains when I ride. If I go down I want to be found. ;-)

That what the Garmin InReach is for :)

I am personally not a fan of the red/white/blue scheme and hate the gold wheels on any color scheme, but It is all personal preference for sure and everyone has their own :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
If last year when I bought mine, both colour schemes existed, I would probably have had a hard time choosing....

Generally, I tend to prefer more subtle colours, but those ATAS white and blue shades are so bright you can's easily pass them....
:smile2:I have the Tr color and I absoloutly Love the color and I am going to wait for the 2020 VFR which is coming in the same tricolor to get one.
By the way you can order complete tri color Vinyl , precut for AT , for less than $ 120 shipped , you can easily find them on eBay or Amazon.
Ride safe/Ride long:smile2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got lucky and got the last one (2018) in Honda inventory in the US. Tho I’m sure there are still a few at the dealers on the showroom floor. Ended getting it for $13980.00 out the door a white/blue/red 2018 AS DCT..

same here, I got the last 18 they had also, well last AT all togather. IT was priced about 1k more than yours in Northern Alabama, but I still love it. Prices out west i've saw them upwards of 20k.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts