Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else thinking about getting this system? I usually just use a top bag for my daily rides. For the once in a while longer trips I think this would be a great option so that I don't have to invest in a rack system that wouldn't use that often.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
Haven't thought about it, but now that you have presented this ... sumthin' to review.

Do you have the URL for the sample you posted?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've been impressed by what Tusk has recently made available with their new line of soft luggage, especially when you consider what you're getting for the price. I'm really considering their Pilot Panniers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'm looking for a relatively small rackless system for day to day riding. I have a giant loop bag i can throw on top for proper multi day adventures. This is appealing but requires the add in extender i believe due to the AT's pillion handles being so wide.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If I'm going to buy a rackless system I need it to be fully waterproof. Having a 22L dry bag just wont cut it for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the link. This system looks promising for those that don't want to or can't get side racks at the moment (that curse/blessing of 2020s). I'm still a bit unsure though how much floppy there would be on the rear and lowest parts of the bag. Securing with straps forward and at the high points seems a bit sketchy to me. The inner waterproof liner and options for add-on bit seems a potentially cost-effective alternative to Wolfman Rocky Mountain Expeditions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What about the above Tusk Highland Rackless Luggage System? Side bags are waterproof and 2 x 25L capacity.

Hmm, just saw this in the link details:
View attachment 54669
California puts that on everything now. Generally if you aren’t eating it or have 24/7/365 exposure, most Of the items listed with that warning won’t adversely affect you.

those rackless bags look pretty good. If my wife hadn’t have just purchased me the sw-motech rack and Sysbag id probably buy those

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
California puts that on everything now. Generally if you aren’t eating it or have 24/7/365 exposure, most Of the items listed with that warning won’t adversely affect you.

those rackless bags look pretty good. If my wife hadn’t have just purchased me the sw-motech rack and Sysbag id probably buy those
CA always seemed to be ahead of social awareness compared to many of its sibling states.

·
Administrator
3,301 Posts

If I am not mistaken, companies either have to pay to be certified for not having any of the chemicals known to cause cancer or have to carry the Prop 65 warning. So most just opt for the warning since it isn't for food or health-related product?

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
If I am not mistaken, companies either have to pay to be certified for not having any of the chemicals known to cause cancer or have to carry the Prop 65 warning. So most just opt for the warning since it isn't for food or health-related product?
Good point. They probably don't want to be responsible for some Joe putz'ing around using the gear to deliver hot, dripping pizza.

Pi-zza, mmmmm-arg-mmm-aagg-mm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
View attachment 54671
[/QUOTE]
i'm looking for a relatively small rackless system for day to day riding. I have a giant loop bag i can throw on top for proper multi day adventures. This is appealing but requires the add in extender i believe due to the AT's pillion handles being so wide.
I have the MM R80 for my AT. I should have waited a little longer. I think it was only a few months after I purchased the V2 R80 the revolver came out. It is built well but tooooo darn expensive for what it is. Its also a shame that it is biased towards KTM in my opinion. Just look at the website! Anyway was wondering if anyone had bought this with the extension and how did it fit? Was thinking of getting this for the R80 to extend the ends. Would probably have to re-drill the holes but for $25 not a bad option. I bought some rubber mat that was around 6MM thick and made my own extensions but they ripped on the non exhaust side. Too bad mosko didn't do this for this AT when they new of the problem. Seems like there solution was too bad take off the handrails!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts