Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 08/09/2018 the Tusk pannier rack is now available, the cost is roughly the same 400 and change with large aluminum cases and carrying straps.
Install does not require drilling however disassembly of the grab rails, and removal of tail light is required. Fairly straight forward although instructions included are for the Adventure Sport so diagrams are slightly different than the CRF1000 A/T. The rack fits without any issues and looks good, it also incorporates Tusk's quick release pin system, and it's asymmetrical so if you wanted an even width on both sides you'll have to opt for an alternative case manufacturer.
I opted for the Tusk system not so much to save the 500 + dollars but more to save the frustration of damaging an expensive set of cases due to fall overs etc.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So $500 for the racks and both boxes?
Actually less than that, 429 if I'm not mistaken.

Do you both think the LARGE panniers will be wider than the handlebars on the '18 ATAS? Occasional lane sharing/splitting in slow heavy traffic commutes so I was thinking to get the medium and save 3 inches on width. Thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They measure 40.5" across the outside edge of the box's on the rack, and yes they are wider for sure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
They measure 40.5" across the outside edge of the box's on the rack, and yes they are wider for sure.
i'll go with mediums when I order.
Thanks everyone, I agree on the medium and last night I sorta measured the handlebar & hand guards at a yard wide. Also getting soft bags for trail rides but will look for that forum to see which fits on the pannier racks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine should be here in the next few days for my 2019. I got the black large, supposedly they are 40” wide and the handlebars are 38” wide. I’ll measure it all up when installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts