Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Simulator is online since last december.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow, that is one busy looking screen and left hand control, I'd be lost using that. Computers are supposed to make things easier/better but that looks like it does the opposite. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Online Manual

Is there an online manual for how to use the Tutorial for 2020 Africa Twins?
Click on Navigate and follow from there. I didn't get it to work on my phone but stumbled through it and the desk top.

·
Registered
400 Posts
This is not bad and does give a feel but not quite as simple to use. It also doesn't show the way the display changes when you cycle through the different modes.
Some of the modes (offroad and gravel for example) are really spartan and basic with no clutter.
Ill try an post a video at some point

·
Registered
268 Posts
Had a play with the simulator, I liked it. I personally would have very little trouble coming to grips with the settings and be able to "just ride the bike". How hard could it be when going on a road ride to select 'touring' and ride? With some time and effort put into trying out different settings I would figure out my main preferences, then I'd select 'User 1' and ride on-road or 'User 2' and ride off-road. Actually, I'd try out the built-in modes, if I liked the standard 'Off-Road' setting then I'd probably set 'User 1' to normal relaxed riding and 'User 2' to more aggressive/fun settings - then it's 'User 1' and go or 'User 2' and GO GO GO!

I just need to win a big chunk of money and then be OK with paying to trade up my '17 AT DCT to a '20 ATAS ES DCT. I love everything about it except the price!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some of the modes (offroad and gravel for example) are really spartan and basic with no clutter.
Every ride mode's display can use any of the provided display modes so you are not locked into the defaults. I have Urban and Touring both use the display that shows all the settings.

I don't understand why people find it so confusing. When I got mine home I sat on it for 20 minutes and went through all the settings. When I'm riding I can switch what I need to do (ride modes from Urban to Touring depending on in/out of town).

I am a software engineer so maybe I have an advantage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts