Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a Tutoro automatic chain oiler on their AT? If so,where did you mount it? I am struggling to find a suitable place on the bike.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I now have 9000 miles using the Tutoro. Great product I could recommend to anyone. The oil being used is 70/90 rear end oil that you can purchase as any Walmart. Ran tubing throw the swing arm by drilling small holes in the two rubber grummits. This works perfect, and protects the line at all times. Oil feed to rear sprocket came out at a perfect 7 o'clock. Pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.Sorry,I cannot see any pictures.Of the actual Tutoro reservoir and where you attached it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I mounted mine in a tapped hole behind the left passenger peg.

Look close, you will find it. I went crazy finding a to mount the oiler! Pre drilled from the factory!

Good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information about the mounting of the Tutoro I Shift.I have used that predrilled hole you mentioned,but am now wondering whether the chainguard might catch it on full bump.I will have to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It hangs in the breeze alright! I never considered any problem with interference, so far so good with mine after 1100 street miles. Good luck with yours,.... what kind of oil do you use in hot weather?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Have a look at where I fitted my Loobman in the product review I posted yesterday. I previously had a Tuturo on my Integra and the reservoir is slightly more compact that the Loobman so would easily cable tie to the angled frame where I put the Loobman. You would just need to make a small triangular wedge to make it sit more vertical. I struggled with the Tuturo as I found it too fussy over temperature. I was forever diddling with the flow rate as it was either too much or not enough.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fitted mine on the inside of the left passenger foot rest using the straps supplied by Tuturo, it is very stable and never needs any attention.

Tuturo make a good product. I have found the air temperature affects the flow but just a quarter turn on the adjuster sorts this out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fitted mine on the inside of the left passenger foot rest using the straps supplied by Tuturo, it is very stable and never needs any attention.

Tuturo make a good product. I have found the air temperature affects the flow but just a quarter turn on the adjuster sorts this out.
Fairly similar setup and it works great.
Feed line goes through rubber grommets for a neat install.
Just have to dial it in 100% but think I have it just right but as said temp or terrain will change that but easily adjusted anyway.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I’m running the D.I.D 525 VX chain I have 22,000 miles on it I’ve been through dirt,sand, mud,rain, heat & it’s still in great shape ,including my sprockets . The only maintenance I perform is a multi spray lube after I wash the bike. O-ring chains are incredible.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Similar setup also and with OEM panniers it fits well and is unobtrusive.
Is that different oil in yours?
I'm using the standard 'chain syrup' that came with the Tutoro.
I really like this oiler, better than the Scottoiler that I had on my DR650.

·
Registered
379 Posts
After a couple of trials with bad results, I found the ideal place for the Tutoro on the ATAS. I made my own support blade obviously.

Initially I had it behind the pilion footrest, but the chainguard would colide with the reservoir at some occasions.

This new position may not be ideal for off-road, but I do not do off-road anyway....

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mechanically challenged question

"Ran tubing throw the swing arm by drilling small holes in the two rubber grummits. This works perfect, and protects the line at all times. Oil feed to rear sprocket came out at a perfect 7 o'clock. Pictures attached."[/QUOTE]

Is the swing arm essentially hollow? If so, what is the purpose of the 5-6 rubber caps (grummets)? TIA!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts