Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what caused your flat? Did you replace the tube or simply patch it?
I hit a deep hole at about 80mph which was too much for the front tube. We replaced the tube. However, I had three flat tires in only 3 weeks. Then I replaced the OEM tires with the Shinko 804/805 and installed the 4mm Michelin Ultra Heavy Duty Tubes. Sure you can feel the weight of the tubes now a bit, but this is still much better than fixing a flat tire. No more flat tires since then :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Vid. Good head of steam through the straights. Always exciting to break the speed limits of asphalt on dirt.
Thank you :smile2:.
Yes you are right, it is exciting to be faster in the dirt than on the roads. We were riding this pace for hours on this day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hit a deep hole at about 80mph which was too much for the front tube. We replaced the tube. However, I had three flat tires in only 3 weeks. Then I replaced the OEM tires with the Shinko 804/805 and installed the 4mm Michelin Ultra Heavy Duty Tubes. Sure you can feel the weight of the tubes now a bit, but this is still much better than fixing a flat tire. No more flat tires since then :D
How do you like the shinkos?I installed a set of the 805/804's on my AT but I have to wait for the snow to melt before I can test them,I love the look of them on the bike ,do you have any pics of the shinkos installed on your AT?great video you guys weren't wasting any time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like the shinkos?I installed a set of the 805/804's on my AT but I have to wait for the snow to melt before I can test them,I love the look of them on the bike ,do you have any pics of the shinkos installed on your AT?great video you guys weren't wasting any time.
So far I like the Shinko tires. Can't belive that they have even a little bit more grip than the OEM tires on the street. Offroad they are better for sure !!!
Here is a picture with the Shinko tires on my bike :smile2:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts