Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am definitely getting either the Givi Traker Outback Alum Panniers or the SW-Motech Trekker Adventure Alum panniers. I am leaning toward the Givi's Just so I have all Givi Gear. I am definatley getting thier 58 liter Top Case.

I am trying to convince the girlfriend to go moto camping with me But I was wondering how comfortable is the passenger on the AT with those hard panniers installed. I am looking at the leg position of the passenger footpegs and it looks a bit cramp even without panniers. Can the passenger even reach the foot pegs with the cases on?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do u think of the touretech.am thinking of one of those 3 makes
I have no idea what you meant by this message. "What do you think of touretech" I assume that was a question. What do I think of touretech what?? The company itself? But that company is "Touratech" no e between the r and t.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife is about 5'8" and has no problems with SW Motech Trax ADV bags. She says it is a little less room than our ST1300 but not an issue. Our last ride was 3 days of 300-350 miles per day.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am definitely getting either the Givi Traker Outback Alum Panniers or the SW-Motech Trekker Adventure Alum panniers. I am leaning toward the Givi's Just so I have all Givi Gear. I am definatley getting thier 58 liter Top Case.

I am trying to convince the girlfriend to go moto camping with me But I was wondering how comfortable is the passenger on the AT with those hard panniers installed. I am looking at the leg position of the passenger footpegs and it looks a bit cramp even without panniers. Can the passenger even reach the foot pegs with the cases on?
I have the OEM panniers and my 6'3" son has had no problems with leg postion/comfort over 2-3 hour runs. His size 13 feet hit the back of my boots though but not enough to distract me.

Reactions: Honda-50

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DLG and eltel62 Thanks for the answers. That make my mind easier. I am probably going to get some aftermarket footpegs for both me and the passenger. I have read that the AT standard footpegs are too small.

Anyone have a picture of the passenger on the bike either with or without the panniers. I would like to SEE the foot and seating position

·
Registered
11 Posts
DLG and eltel62 Thanks for the answers. That make my mind easier. I am probably going to get some aftermarket footpegs for both me and the passenger. I have read that the AT standard footpegs are too small.

Anyone have a picture of the passenger on the bike either with or without the panniers. I would like to SEE the foot and seating position
I have replaced the standard pillion pegs with the Honda comfort pegs and she likes them much better. I have replaced mine with pivot pegs, much better also.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Anyone have a picture of the passenger on the bike either with or without the hard panniers. I would like to SEE the foot and seating position
Bump

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have the Givi Trekker Outback panniers and 58L top case. My wife is 5'4" and is very comfortable back there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts