Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Treat your bike this Christmas.
I've just bought a FOBO BIKE tyre pressure monitoring system for the bike and it works a treat. The system is normally around £100-150 and I got it for £14.99 on eBay.
I took a punt at that price and it works perfect. I had to replace the batteries, probably due to device being new old stock. Main reason I got it is because I do a lot of motorway miles and the system monitors tyre temperatures too. Really easy to install.
I'm impressed with it for the price.
eBay item number is 302995110019 sorry I can't paste the link, just cut and paste the number into eBay search.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought one of those Chinese, forty dollar (or so) TPMS systems, also. When I first installed it, I ended up removing it because all it was doing was pis%$^$ me off, had to reset it all the time. Recently, I took a different approach, I actually read and studied the instruction manual (which, at best, is vague) and re-installed. A pointer ...... be sure the "receiving" unit is turned off before removing a valve stem cap for air adjustments. Otherwise, at least on my particular system, you'll end up re-programming the unit .... a pain in the arse. I am happy with mine now that I educated myself and decided I would heed some patience with it. A good investment that gives me a piece of mind.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wat...920.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2c604c4dcapn3d

It arrived this week and I fitted it in minutes. I like the easy way of keeping an eye on the tire pressure because I'm often a bit lazy and don't check my pressures as often as I should. Actually, I went for about 8 months without checking the pressure because the tyres seems about right - but the front was only ~20PSI. I unscrewed the TPMS sensor and added 10PSI, then screwed the sensor back on, all good now!

I have no tube front or rear (using Outex system), so I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on the tyre pressures, this unit also tells me temperature (but if pressure is fine then I doubt that the temperature will be too high).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I got it is because I'm goin tubeless too and the smartphone app runs in the background and will give me an audible alert via my Sena headset when pressure drops by 2 psi, this will hopefully give me time to pull over safely and address the problem before the front tyre pops off the bead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts