Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have been running the Garmin Zumo with hard mounts on all of my bikes and just use the Garmin sensor caps. I checked the accuracy against 4 different high-quality tire gauges that agreed within one pound of each other, and the Garmin sensors were spot-on. Battery is easily replaceable, one just has to make sure you get the correct battery for them not one that fits per a search, as they are not equivalent, and I am getting about a year+ per battery. So, if you are running a Garmin that has the TPMS app it is a really reasonable route to go.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Garmin Zumo with Garmin TPMS "would" be my choice BUT for some obscure reason Garmin dropped the TPMS capability from the newer Zumo XT. The Zumo XT supports Garmin's new Inreach products but not TPMS, sounds weird to me. But, that means I'd have to get a separate TPMS system and I don't want to have to use my phone to see tire pressure so I need one with a separate display that I can mount. Good news is I can get this (there are a number of units on Amazon) for about half the price of a pair of Garmin TPMS sensors.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts