Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered how to get the seat in the Low position. I don't like the gap it leaves and the area of the tank it exposes. Has anyone come up with a way of improving this?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have my seat on the low position and I don't see the gap you talk about. Are you sure the front catch on the seat is engaged in the clasp on the tank. When I put mine on I have to push forward on the tip of the seat so it catches the clasp.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm with you. I don't like that gap or that "Step". I've not found anything to hide/cover it up. I've kinda just grown to "ignore" it...

Fster - Yes I have my seat installed properly. I know what you speak of. If its not installed correctly its "off to one side" OR you can easily pull on the front of the seat if its not properly latched....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must admit the dealer tried to show me the low position but had not locked it in properly. I had the passenger seat off and it was only then that it dropped into the real lower position. It seemed secure and a good bit lower. Is it possible to get the rear of the seat in the lower position and the front on the higher. That would give a third sear height.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I always had the seat in the low position. The gap never bothered me. Most bikes I have owned with this option had some kind of gap when the seat was moved.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
If it really bothers you, you could get a gel sticker made to exactly fill the depression. It would cost about £50 but once the sticker maker had made the graphics and the mold (mould in the UK) they would come out at about £10 each. I had some Triumph ones made by AtoZ stickers in the Westgate Road in Newcastle. I think you'd have to specify fairly thin gel and aggressive adhesive for it to go round the bends and hold in place
Suggestions for what it should say? (What about 'Tackle Protector'?)
Or maybe cut some StromGrips up to fit. I have some I bought for my NC750. It would serve no real function but would like like it did
Mike

·
Registered
437 Posts
As the bikes increase in popularity... It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some after market farkle maker came up with something. This is exactly the sort of thing you can expect from Touratwerp or SW-Motech.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just discovered how to get the seat in the Low position. I don't like the gap it leaves and the area of the tank it exposes. Has anyone come up with a way of improving this?
I have the Honda mid-height seat fitted in its high position and this covers the gap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts