Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike was bought from the first owner, another member on here. last July, I basically rode it home, then disappeared off to Europe in my motorhome, leaving the bike parked inside my conservatory, only taking it out last week (SORNED until 1/4/2021) All I've done is add an electric Scottoiler.

Tri-Colour, only 2622 miles, non in winter, in fact spent all of winter inside my home until last week. Is due the yearly service (for warranty) by 18th May, plus there is a Honda recall to clean out the fuel tank and replace pump filters and the ABS modulator.
D6BCC925-6F20-4D52-ACC9-A17A71486195.jpeg

Im sure you must know exactly what this model is , but will explain.

The ATAS is the bigger fuel tank model, ES is the Electronic suspension version, PLUS Edition means that it comes with many extra’s, as standard. Full Honda branded Alloy (Givi manufactured) Panniers and top box , with ignition coded locks, and passenger back rest plus 3 x inner waterproof bags, which can also be strapped on top of the panniers/top box. Large TFT screen, with built in Navigation/ Apple Car play/ Mobile phone connection etc. Centre stand, Upper crash bars with LED spot lights, lower crash bars radiator portion grills in stainless steel, upper and lower wind deflectors, Honda tank bag, all above (except TFT) are OE extra’s as part of the PLUS PACK.

Datatool Traking tracker fitted by supplying dealer (Blade Honda)

In addition has following added parts: MRA Touring screen, R&G tail tidy, Honda tank protective pads, pyramid front fender extender Supersprox gold rear sprocket (steel teeth alloy centre, Scottoiler electric chain lubrication.

OE parts removed included.

This bike is only being sold due to the realisation that I’m not going to be using it at all this year, am missing out on a bike tour to Scotland with my mates next month and then will be taking off with my Wife in our motorhome, hopefully until October, if we can escape through the tunnel.

I’m asking £12500 for a quick sale, list price of this bike is over £19k. Not interested in any offers or exchanges, will be the first time I've been without a 'proper' bike bike since I was 17, but have bought a SH300 to go in the Moho garage.

·
Registered
513 Posts
This bike was bought from the first owner, another member on here. last July, I basically rode it home, then disappeared off to Europe in my motorhome, leaving the bike parked inside my conservatory, only taking it out last week (SORNED until 1/4/2021) All I've done is add an electric Scottoiler.

Tri-Colour, only 2622 miles, non in winter, in fact spent all of winter inside my home until last week. Is due the yearly service (for warranty) by 18th May, plus there is a Honda recall to clean out the fuel tank and replace pump filters and the ABS modulator. View attachment 62250 View attachment 62250
Nice bike. Looking at the security measures, you might consider a better neighborhood.:) Actually a bit jealous, closest my bike makes it to being inside is the garage. Management could never be convinced to allow it into the livingroom.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice bike. Looking at the security measures, you might consider a better neighborhood.:) Actually a bit jealous, closest my bike makes it to being inside is the garage. Management could never be convinced to allow it into the livingroom.
Its the conservatory Bill, although it has underfloor heating we don't really use it over Winter.

·
Super Moderator
5,732 Posts

Tri-Colour, only 2622 miles, non in winter, in fact spent all of winter inside my home until last week. Is due the yearly service (for warranty) by 18th May, plus there is a Honda recall to clean out the fuel tank and replace pump filters and the ABS modulator. View attachment 62250 View attachment 62250

The ATAS is the bigger fuel tank model, ES is the Electronic suspension version, PLUS Edition means that it comes with many extra’s, as standard. Full Honda branded Alloy (Givi manufactured) Panniers and top box , with ignition coded locks, and passenger back rest plus 3 x inner waterproof bags, which can also be strapped on top of the panniers/top box. Large TFT screen, with built in Navigation/ Apple Car play/ Mobile phone connection etc. Centre stand, Upper crash bars with LED spot lights, lower crash bars radiator portion grills in stainless steel, upper and lower wind deflectors, Honda tank bag, all above (except TFT) are OE extra’s as part of the PLUS PACK.

In addition has following added parts: MRA Touring screen, R&G tail tidy, Honda tank protective pads, pyramid front fender extender Supersprox gold rear sprocket (steel teeth alloy centre, Scottoiler electric chain lubrication.

This bike is only being sold due to the realisation that I’m not going to be using it at all this year, am missing out on a bike tour to Scotland with my mates next month and then will be taking off with my Wife in our motorhome, hopefully until October, if we can escape through the tunnel.

I’m asking £12500 for a quick sale, list price of this bike is over £19k. Not interested in any offers or exchanges, will be the first time I've been without a 'proper' bike bike since I was 17, but have bought a SH300 to go in the Moho garage.
That is some serious lockdown security.

I read many times "bike" theft is almost out of control in parts of the U.K. Is it really that bad?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At the moment it seems that the whole world is out of control Bill,
I have a selection of locks, no point in not using them.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2,700 Posts

Not sure just why you even want to give it up !
Looks pretty good sitting there, except maybe you could put it on a pice of carpet instead of the cardboard.

looks like a excellent buy for someone. Obviously well kept while you had it..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Other commitments which are going to sideline me this year, I'll get another one next year, no point in leaving it sat there. I've taken a deposit on it so will probably be gone next weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts