Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just bought a used 17 plate in black with lots of accessories.
Dct is the only one I would have as I have carpel tunnel issues.
Like this bike a lot, only just covered 120 miles but it's the bike for me.
Selling my good old faithful Gs1100 after 16 years ownership. Very hard to come to terms with, but needs must.
Anyway hi all and look forward to the forum.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all,
Just bought a used 17 plate in black with lots of accessories.
Dct is the only one I would have as I have carpel tunnel issues.
Like this bike a lot, only just covered 120 miles but it's the bike for me.
Selling my good old faithful Gs1100 after 16 years ownership. Very hard to come to terms with, but needs must.
Anyway hi all and look forward to the forum.
Welcome to the forum.

I have done 16,000 miles on my 17 plate AT (manual) and have been ignoring my 1150 GS.
Also a faithful bike that I’ve owned for 16yrs and ridden for 90,000 miles. I know I should sell it for someone else to enjoy. But like yourself It’s a hard decision.

Why do we get so attached to these things? :crying:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

I have done 16,000 miles on my 17 plate AT (manual) and have been ignoring my 1150 GS.
Also a faithful bike that I’ve owned for 16yrs and ridden for 90,000 miles. I know I should sell it for someone else to enjoy. But like yourself It’s a hard decision.

Why do we get so attached to these things? :crying:
Stupid sentimental reasons. Ive always wanted to be like a person that buys a bike then sells it for another a year later, but I can't :crying:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, the GS 1100 and 1150 were one of the best bikes from an engineering point of view and its hard to let go of this type of design and reinvest in a totally new bike. The Honda is probably a lot better than the new GS in my humble opinion but needs the wheels changing in size like the GS. Horses for courses.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have 8500 miles on my 12 mth old AT now, in that time my 1150 GSA has done about 300! It feels (and is) like its from a previous generation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts