Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Trying to insure my bike prior to picking it up on Friday. My bike is a DCT (CRF1000DG) but this is not recognised by all the sites I have so far tried (ebike, Bennets). How does the DCT show up on the log book? If its a CRF1000L then its OK as this is recognied. If it shows up as a CRF1000DG then I'm not insured.

Thanks spanish

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dont have the log book nearby but i had no issues with adding my dct to an existing policy. Think i done it over the phone though.
Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Steve. I would be grateful if you could check your log book and let me know what is written down.

Spanish

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again, Well all the uk insurers only seem to recognise the CRF1000L. For anyone who has a bike other than a CRF1000L and is resident in the UK, can you tell me your broker name.

Thanks Spanish

·
Registered
287 Posts
I insured mine before I had the logbook , I just told them it was an Africa Twin, and they insured it , Never giving the DCT a thought,

Just checked my insurance and it says CRF 1000 L, ,:frown2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again!! I've been looking into this and it appears the only bike on the UK insurance system is the CRF1000L which appears to be the generic code name for the Africa twin series. The CRF1000AG / DG / G do not exist and yet people are insuring their bikes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Spanish.....just checked my policy through Bennets and it doesnt stipulate whether its manual or dct but it does ask value and its against the correct reg number, which is obviously more expensive......i cant access my v5 at the mo so not sure what that says on it.

Bennets were very helpful and competitive on price.....not the cheapest tho.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I mentioned this to my insurer today (Aviva). It was insured as an L because they didn't have the D-G listed, but after they spoke to the underwriter, they asked for more money to cover it (around £30). It wasn't insured properly for the last 10 days. ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts