Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd look up the Africa Twin registrations for March 2016 in the UK. March is the month in the UK when new registrations have a change in registration base number corresponding to the year e.g. **16*** for this year and is usually a high point for registration numbers as buyers want their new bikes to carry the latest number and consequently have a better resale value eventually.
AT registrations for March were 431 and this was the highest bike sale that month. BMW managed 264 for what is listed as GS Adventure.
These numbers can't be taken as bikes going to new owners since dealer demonstrators are often also registered at that time and would be included in the number.
AT registrations in January and February 2016 were 115 and 66 resp.
It can be expected that a new model will sell well during it's early days but if you look back at March 2013 when the new water cooled BMW GS was introduced, it sold 391. So, not a bad start for the AT but it could have been so much better in March if more ATs, particularly the DCT model, were available.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know that here is Canada the bottleneck is supply. I walked into a dealer and before I could even say 'Africa Tw... 'they said 'they're all sold out... we've even sold our 2017 quota'

Something tells me Honda should have jacked the price up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts