Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not wanting to part with a few hundred on a motorcycle Sat Nav I looked around for a showerproof case for my phone. Ended up buying Ultimate Add-ons mirror attachment which fits the screen bar on the AF perfectly and keeps it at a nice height/protected. http://www.ultimateaddons.co.uk/

For UK/IRL/EU, It is easier to pick items from www.buybits.com and you can narrow down your choice easily by phone make. There is an opening for a charging cable on the case. This isn't waterproof but showerproof, vertical mounting obscures the dash so horizontal only. Your phone screen can be hard to see sometimes with its glossy finish but this can be adjusted easily due to the ball joint if you don't tighten it up too hard. Touchscreen on the phone works through the case and it even read my fingerprint login through it, nice. Gloves don't work though given the touchscreen technology.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not true off road but not budged a bit on an all day ride. The grip is quite solid. I think for hard off-road you might go for the yoke or handlebar mount version just because the up and down forces will not really affect them. Those forces/vibration must eventually have an effect on the screen bar version as you have the phone weight as leverage. For road riding I like the height of the mount, the handlebar mounts are a little low for a sat nav I find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts