Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite doing as it says in the owners manual below I am not able to adjust the AF console display brightness at all. Clicking the Select/UP or Select/DOWN does nothing at all on my bike
except switch between the 'blinks' on other unrelated functions. Can anyone else test and confirm this works for them please and maybe offer a suggestion on what I may be doing wrong?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes it does, thing is if you do it by daylight you hardly see any diffence.
But when its dark its pretty clear.

I had the same thing

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it does, thing is if you do it by daylight you hardly see any diffence.
But when its dark its pretty clear.

I had the same thing
When adjusting this setting your meant to see the 'Dimmer' option text displayed as shown in the user manual but I don't even get that far.

·
Registered
171 Posts
When adjusting this setting your meant to see the 'Dimmer' option text displayed as shown in the user manual but I don't even get that far.

I’m going upto my dealer this afternoon, to collect the deflector and spoiler kits, I’ll see if they have any recommendations or allow me to have a look on their demo bike.

Just a quick one, are you pressing the SEL and the up button and holding both for like 5 seconds or so, as just pressing the two buttons and then releasing probably won’t put it into the adjustment cycle? Just a thought Chi.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m going upto my dealer this afternoon, to collect the deflector and spoiler kits, I’ll see if they have any recommendations or allow me to have a look on their demo bike.
Thanks mate. :smile2: I might ride to mine too this afternoon.. if it stops snowing!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Press and hold SEL down arrow and Mode button for like five seconds, that should get you into adjustment mode for clock, mph/kph, brightness etc. Old bikes didn’t have Mode button, it was a set button! :wink2:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Been to dealers this afternoon, definitely the SEL down arrow and the Mode button at the same time for a few seconds. Then use Mode button to go through various adjustments until you get to brightness. Dealers bike was already on max, so there’s no improvement I could see for daylight use, more so for dusk and night use. Hope that helps Chi.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried as you described above.. all that did on my bike was activate the clock settings from 12 to 24 hour and setting the clock.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tried as you described above.. all that did on my bike was activate the clock settings from 12 to 24 hour and setting the clock.
Chi - You may have tried this already, but repeated presses of the Mode (or Set) button once you are in the clock setting mode should move you past clock setting and onto Brightness setting, where the up and down arrow will then adjust the display brightness anywhere between 5 and 1 (little square symbols).

Hope this helps

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chi - You may have tried this already, but repeated presses of the Mode (or Set) button once you are in the clock setting mode should move you past clock setting and onto Brightness setting, where the up and down arrow will then adjust the display brightness anywhere between 5 and 1 (little square symbols).

Hope this helps
Thanks TMac will give that a try too. :smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
здравей мотоциклет с дрожди е африкански спорт с двойни приключения

·
Registered
2017 DCT, tricolore
20 Posts
I wonder how you fixed the clock to 24h reading .

·
Registered
2017 DCT, tricolore
20 Posts
"Time format setting" on Page 39 of the [2019 English] Africa Twin CRF1000A/D CRF1000A2/D2 Owner's Manual?
Yes Right, to set the clock is in the book. But i cannot set is to 24h reading.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts