Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been racking my brain searching for titles to make sense of this.
I want to upgrade to Yoshimura exhaust, k&n air filter, and a dyno jet power commander. I have a 2017 Africa Twin DCT. I do love the way it rides. I haven’t set up the suspension or basically have done anything to it. Except it’s recommended services. I think the powers nice. Great in the twisties, but have only basically ran the tarmac. The upgrades mentioned above are recommendations for products bythe local Honda shop where I bought my Africa twin new.
Do you guys and girls think that these upgrades will enhance the riding experience and work in conjunction with my bike?
-sincerely D Keegan.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you love the way she rides and like the power, why change anything?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
In another thread we are waiting for other 2016/17 bike owners to post about their experiences of using powercommander to fix just what you are complaining about. So far no-one has.
Ghostrider has pointed out that he has had good results with the RapidBikeEasy Evo (This if the expensive version and whilst there is a cheaper Rapidbikeeasy, I fitted one and found no difference).
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In another thread we are waiting for other 2016/17 bike owners to post about their experiences of using powercommander to fix just what you are complaining about. So far no-one has.
Ghostrider has pointed out that he has had good results with the RapidBikeEasy Evo (This if the expensive version and whilst there is a cheaper Rapidbikeeasy, I fitted
one and no difference.
Mike
Amazing that they are selling a product that makes no difference at all. What a scam.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Amazing that they are selling a product that makes no difference at all. What a scam.
It appeared to make no difference to me, but others have said they felt a difference. One of the tests that I use is thta a device supposedly richening up the bottom end and cruising rev ranges must surely make fuel consumption worse. That was the case with my powercommander 10 years ago on my Versys (10%) but the mpg was completely unaffected by either the rapidBike Easy or the Hilltop remap.
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It appeared to make no difference to me, but others have said they felt a difference. One of the tests that I use is thta a device supposedly richening up the bottom end and cruising rev ranges must surely make fuel consumption worse. That was the case with my powercommander 10 years ago on my Versys (10%) but the mpg was completely unaffected by either the rapidBike Easy or the Hilltop remap.
Mike
It would seem much better to me if you could put a slip on muffler on, high flow air filter, and then the computer that’s already in the bike could manage the fuel. It’s like you buy a brand new bike then have to spend a ton more because of emissions. Blah blah blah.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mike
I know it’s counterintuitive but I’ve seen at least for cars that booster plug type gadgets usually promise more power and a more efficient fuel burn, resulting in the same or less consumption. Probably bs but maybe possible.
Ghostrider, any increased fuel consumption after the Evo?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts