Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, is anyone here who has then UpMap on their african twin manual with standard exhaust. I just want to find out how does it feel and if it makes any difference regarding the jitter due to lean fuel mix. Could this be an alternative to the booster plug? There is an ecu map for the standard exhaust on the upmap website. It only gives you 4 more hp extra but i am not looking for extra power anway but to get rid of the low rpm jitter. Thank you,

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
This is just a general comment and NOT at all directed at you Catalin ...
Just find it funny how we (me included) think that we can make the bike better, Honda spends millions of dollars designing, testing, reworking the bike to get the best power/heat/fuel consumption/least vibration/longevity and do it all in a cost effective way for us to buy.
OK admittingly there are improvements we CAN do that Honda didn’t simply because of cost issues or legal restrictions for the sale. But for remapping and those kind of engine tweaks just exactly what would we be giving up to make that (sometimes small) gain. Sure we can remap and dump more fuel, get more HP and run a bit cooler, but then loose MPG, shorten engine life, up maintenance. I don’t know maybe I’m being to “trusting” with Honda but I would hope they at least did notice those slight shortcomings in say the jitter issues and had a good reason just why it wasn’t fixed. But who knows, obviously people do buy aftermarket parts and address issues but can ANY of us truly say at what cost. Point being fixing one “issue” my in turn eventually bring up other issue that we have no clue about but Honda did so that’s why the issue was left alone.... Or it could just be piss poor design and workmanship.. Just my thoughts on the matter, I apologize for the thread hijack......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts