Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
ah - thanks that's a bit more promising. Will all the hardware I need be with the plastic visors that are on their way?
Mike
The kit comes with four wellnuts, four machine screws, four nylon washers and four neoprene washers and two protector pads.

Be aware that they do not fit the standard AT 2017 model as depicted in the fitting instructions.

The "drill markings" on the inside of the fairing panels are also very very faint (at least on my bike they were) and only the lowere one was clear enough to see so the upper one had to be done by measuring everything.

Rugged Roads were going to get back to me regarding the problem but they seem to have lost interest.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Helmet peak vibration.

I've cured mine to a degree. I have an Arai Tour X and a Nexx D1?
Both of them have flimsy thin peaks. I've added some weight and substance to them both by
adding a couple of coins taped to the underside of the peak with some builders self adhesive 'lead' flashing tape.
Duct tape would do too but it's not as thick. You may need to experiment a bit with the position and weight of the coins for vibration damping but it's a quick easy fix that may remove the need to spend a shed load of cash on spoilers that may not work.

Try it first.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I could. But damping the peak vibration is probably only masking the problem. I rode yesterday without a peak because I had the oem touring screen on. It felt a lot better but in truth the helmet is still getting hammered by those vortices and after I had been riding for a couple of hours I was very tired
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is what my deflectors for the 2017 standard bike look like:

and this is what they looked like on the 2018 AT sport:

As you can see the Sport versions are more sophisticated (holes or slots), but what I don't know is whether these are what you get if you now order them for the standard model
Does anyone know?
Mike
I bought same deflectors for my 2016, but they don't seem to do anything.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts