Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum. Was trying to measure voltage of my battery using the accessory cable that comes out by the rear brake master cylinder. This is 2 conductor trailer plug. Not voltage so I went sniffing around and noticed that ring terminal for negative was not connected. See attached photo showing ring at bottom. In case you too don't have power at accessory plug check your negative ring terminal at power distribution module on right side of battery. Is this something that should have been done at factory or at dealership ?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Furthermore I think there is too much of this accessory wire resting right on the engine. Why it goes forward and does a big loop while resting on the motor before going aft where the connector lies makes little sense to me. See attached photo which doesn't show the extent of loop, but gives the idea. XLPE insulation is good for 90 degrees C which is probably close to what engine is running at on a hot day ?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After removing this accessory pigtail everything fits much better. The power distribution module base rubber slits that allow for plastic from battery box actually go in the right place ( left one was outside slit with accessory wire connected ) and the cap that covers big right angle terminals actually stays 90 degrees like it should. Accessory pigtail doesn't have enough length between fuse holder and terminals such that the holder sits too close to large battery leads and makes bad mojo.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi forum. Was trying to measure voltage of my battery using the accessory cable that comes out by the rear brake master cylinder. This is 2 conductor trailer plug. Not voltage so I went sniffing around and noticed that ring terminal for negative was not connected. See attached photo showing ring at bottom. In case you too don't have power at accessory plug check your negative ring terminal at power distribution module on right side of battery. Is this something that should have been done at factory or at dealership ?
Hi number3, Now anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but having worked at bike dealerships in the long past, dealer pre-delivery always included wetting up the battery (putting it into service) and connecting all terminals, as this was not done in the factory due to obvious reasons.
If this is still the norm with the 2016 AT then maybe that's why one wire was not connected? Maybe that is also why many tool kits are missing, as you have to remove the ToolBox to get to the battery, and the Tech forgets to put the tools back in the box? Only a thought.
You may want to ask member JasonWD as I believe he oversaw the entire Per-Delivery of his bike. (As per his self video on youtube)
Anyhow sounds like you got it sorted :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts