Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what others have done for adding a USB charger socket to the dash of their AT.

I just picked up the PC-8 from Eastern Beaver Power. Excellent find thanks to Meridian Explorer on youtube..looks like a high quality piece of gear which I'll use to power my bike pump, heated grips, USB chargers, and GPS.

I'm having trouble finding a high quality, standard solution for getting USB ports to one of the punchouts on the AT dash. Seems to be a ton of "waterproof" USB charger sockets on Amazon that will fit the OEM 12V punchout...lots of reviews such as "I've got 3 of these and 1 doesn't work correctly". I'd rather not roll the dice on a simple piece of gear like this.

Anyone have a reasonably fail-proof solution they can recommend? Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I put in a cigarette-lighter power socket with a rubber cap and stick in a USB adapter when I need it. If it's wet enough for water to get in there, I don't need to power anything.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got a dual USB socket that also has a voltmeter. I plan to add a PC8 and a voltmeter (and louder horn, blinker genies, plug for air pump/heated vest/charger),... But the dual USB socket was a quick fix since my ATAS came with the accessory power outlet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My solution was a little different. I use the "Accessory Socket" with a dual USB outlet for Phone and GoPro. For other misc charging and battery maintainer I did the following with the worthless toolbox. Got the idea for the USB and SAE from someone on the user group, but added an illuminated switch on the left so I could switch the additional USB off (Switch does not show on this picture as it was added later). Both are hooked through an Eastern Beaver unswitched circuit so that I can charge a headset or something else while stopped for lunch.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts