Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Confused between a new CB500x and a used 2016 AT with about 20k miles on the clock.

Any suggestions on what to look out for in a 2016-17 motorcycle in terms of wear & tear / reliability would be great.

Registered
Personally I would go for the a brand new CB500x. Can you stretch the budget for a NC750x?
The AT is the way to go but you if you dont know the history or the previous owner I would say "give it a miss".
Warranty?
Just my option

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I would go for the a brand new CB500x. Can you stretch the budget for a NC750x?
The AT is the way to go but you if you dont know the history or the previous owner I would say "give it a miss".
Warranty?
Just my option

I'm writing in from India, and Honda hasn't brought the NC750 here yet.

A brand new CB500x is 9400$ out the door with 0 farkles. The used AT is coming in at 13,400$ with crash protection and luggage mounts etc.

I am keen on taking the bike off-road and explore the Himalayas on. I usually ride solo, and that's where the CB500x would shine, weight agility etc. Having said that the CB will require some work on the suspension to get it sorted for this terrain, while the AT is ready to ride. Service record on the AT looks clean but doesn't come with any warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts