Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it has. Here's a manual AT for $14.5K near Sacramento: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/5870144875.html

San Francisco craigslist has a very short listing period and the seller didn't cancel the ad. He will likely re-post his ad.

It hadn't expired when I did my post and I left the page open. So I copied the text:

"I'm considering selling my new Africa Twin. Might also consider a trade for a KTM 1190 Adventure R. It's the silver one with the DCT (dual clutch transmission). It has 4400 miles on it as of right now but I'm still riding it. If you're interested or want to know more, shoot me an email with a phone number and I'll get back to you ASAP.

The extras include:
Honda OE Center Stand $200
Touratech Pannier Racks $400
Touratech Top box Rack $200
SWMotech Hand Guards $210
SWMotech Skid Plate $300
Touratech Upper Crash Bars $280
Touratech Lower Crash Bars $160
Shinko E804/5 Tires $180
Touratech Suspension Kit $350
----------------------------------------------
Total of $2280

·
Registered
188 Posts
i talked to him before I bought my bike. At a lower price I might have bought it. But I bought a new bike instead.

He's not original owner, and IIRC it has an out of state title in original owner's name. He told me they're all 50-state bikes, which means it would be legal to register here if the emissions sticker can be found, but it would need inspection.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i talked to him before I bought my bike. At a lower price I might have bought it. But I bought a new bike instead.

He's not original owner, and IIRC it has an out of state title in original owner's name. He told me they're all 50-state bikes, which means it would be legal to register here if the emissions sticker can be found, but it would need inspection.
I'd say you made the right choice. This quote from Honda NA site: "
Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment" suggest it may not be CA smog compliant.

Plus, accessories don't usually add as much value to a used bike as they cost the seller, but they do make it more salable over another used bike without the farkles. This seller doesn't seem to understand that principle.

BTW, it's back but the ad will expire in a day or two: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/5877154747.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts