Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got by ATAS in 2018 one of the first things I changed was to fit a V-Stream Windscreen on a Batzen mount because I had such a great experience with one on my KLR. I gave the ATAS windscreen to an employee of mine as he had a 2017, and he found that the taller OEM windscreen off of my AS to be a better experience. I was looking at my bike in the shop this morning and noted the bugs on it from a little over 400 miles of riding, and then remembering that I had not cleaned my face shield on my helmet decided to do that. Before cleaning I took the attached picture. Note the lack of bugs on the face shield, and this with the V-Stream set at a height that I can look over it to a point about 35' to 40' in front of the bike. The V-stream, at any speed, creates the best bubble of calm air I have ever ridden in bar-none. So, if you are looking for a solution of a new screen, you might give some thought to this combination.
Bugs on Visor.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
I have the Batzen with OEM screen. I like it. However, a lot of bugs end up on the seat between my legs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
269 Posts
So, if you are looking for a solution of a new screen, you might give some thought to this combination.
Already doing that for over a year and a half on my '17.
I have the Batzen adjuster on the lowest setting, making it a little higher than without the adjuster. I can see over the screen or look through it, but would have to stand to see right down by the front wheel. It has been working well and I never get any buffeting on my helmet, I can ride at open road speeds with my visor up in hot weather, no problem!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Same set-up for me. Almost no bugs or debris on my helmet. That screen does a good job of moving the air over and around the rider. It's the best airflow I've had on any bike.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I originally tried my stock screen with the Batzen adjuster, but it just didn't work well enough at any height adjustment. The V-Stream is taller AND wider which I think helps a great deal.

If it were damaged and needed to be replaced then I would buy the same again - no hesitation.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
I originally tried my stock screen with the Batzen adjuster, but it just didn't work well enough at any height adjustment. The V-Stream is taller AND wider which I think helps a great deal.

If it were damaged and needed to be replaced then I would buy the same again - no hesitation.
Is yours the N20057, N20058 or N20059?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is yours the N20057, N20058 or N20059?
This one: Amazon.com: National Cycle VStream Windscreen (20.75") (Clear) for 16-18 Honda CRF1000L: Automotive
It says N20059 in the description. Perfect height for me IMO, I can look over it or through it as I wish - as long as I don't use the Batzen adjuster to raise it up.
I swear it is better in summer to have the bigger screen, being able to ride with the helmet visor up makes a huge difference to how hot I feel.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Double and Kiwi: I actually tried the tall one and found it to be to tall for my 6' to look over the top of it, and while the short one would work with the Batzen adjuster but it was a tad narrow. I too settled on the 20.75", but then used my band saw to cut it down to 18.5". So, with the Batzen at the bottom i get a perfect riding air bubble while being able to see the ground over the top of the shield at a reasonable distance in front of the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts