Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to find the release notes for the 3.1 update to my motorcycle. Yes, it brings Android Auto, but that can't possibly be the only thing, right?

So, today I went from v2.6 -> v3.1, and because the predicted rain didn't arrive, I went out for a couple of hours. Here is what I noticed. running carplay the whole time. Full disclosure, I've had the bike only a couple of months, and sort of stopped using Carplay as I was tired of rubbing my head, patting my tummy, and sacrificing a chicken to Goddess Motorcycle all at the same time, trying to get it to work properly.

Equipment:
  • 2020 Honda ATAS DCT
  • Cardo Packtalk (not slim, not bold)
  • JBL Speakers, standard boom mic
  • HJC RPHA 90
First ride on 12/12/2020, I was completely disappointed with the call quality. The Cardo is an EXCELLENT unit, and generally people can't tell I'm on a motorcycle when I'm on the bike, even when I'm travelling over 90 km/h. The complex nature of getting things to work (see this video from Richyvida) and I tried it, but then kind of got bored with futzing and stopped connecting the phone to my bike. So, updated to 3.1 today.

1. As soon as the upload was done, I grabbed my helmet and called my wife (she's a good sport). She said I was clear on her end - and I was absolutely not clear the day I bought the bike. To me she sounded crackly - anyone that has a Cardo and uses their mesh with other Cardos will know the crackly sound you get on the intercom at times. It was like that.
  2. Out on the road, the same thing. The call quality was fine, but it wasn't pin-drop clear like if it were connected directly to the headset. So, on this, I continue to blame Apple.
  3. "Hey Siri" worked as expected. However, it interrupts glorious audio with the same somewhat crackly thing you get on a call. Again, I continue to blame Apple.
  4. You can call, text, whatever by voice.
  5. You are locked out from interacting with the screen. If you touch it you get a double beep that is reminiscent of the "ring ring" tone on the UK telephone network.
  6. The issue of audio lag and then stuttered catch-up is gone.
Repeated procedure for instant success:

1. Phone is paired to bike.
  2. Turn on bike.
  3. Plug in phone. You will get the screen about needing a BT comms unit.
  4. Turn on Cardo.
  5. The connection is instantaneous once you hear "Mobile Phone One - Connected". It will open the Carplay screen.
It's impressive the fixes that have been implemented. Good on Honda and a little bit apple, but there is clean-up to do.

Please post your experiences and anything else you have discovered. You're a hero if you can point me to release notes!

·
Registered
ATAS 2020
9 Posts
[QUOTE = "ommoran, post: 347671, member: 42872"]
Non riesco a trovare le note di rilascio per l'aggiornamento 3.1 per la mia motocicletta. Sì, porta Android Auto, ma non può essere l' unica cosa, giusto?

[/ CITAZIONE]

[/QUOTE]

The dealer shared me the document in Italian.
For those who can translate it ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gratzie mille, @GiampaoloS ! My limited Italian (via French and Latin) shows that this is a full user manual for the AT software, in Italian. A very handy document if we can either find the English version, or a way to translate it (google was hopeless on this one because of the layout). Someone might be able to use Adobe to save it as a Word or text file, and translate from there.

However, I'm also hoping to find the changelog - the document from the programmers that outlines the major changes made from one version to the next. The read in reverse chronological order, so v3.1 will be at the top, then (apparently) v2.8, then v2.6, then v2.4, etc. It lets you track what changes were put in when.

And, if anyone else notices changes, I'd be anxious to hear from you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts