Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Figured I'd start a thread for my Baja trip. 2nd run at it. Last time being in 2019, also a June 1st start date. I made it about 140km from Los Cabos at the southern tip of Baja when my beleaguered KLR radiator finally gave out. I was towed, tail between my legs, to San Jose Del Cabo. I was marooned for a few weeks before finally stumbling on a new radiator (long story), and I could ride home.

That was the reason I bought the AT.

I've got the wife on the back for the way down at least. We've never done more than 12 days on the bile together, so we'll see how this goes...

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Day one was 700km from Vancouver, across the border, through North Cascades National Park and down central Washington to a an old favorite campsite in Yakima Canyon. Worked a busy night shift last night and hustled all day to try and escape some weather. A couple cold ones and bed.
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Plant

I'm really interested in hearing how your 2 up travels go as that is hopefully in my vacation and retirement future.
We did 12 days to the Yukon and back two summers ago. We're both 6' tall, so its a bit tight, but totally doable without any suspension upgrades on the ES equipped bike (with full camping/travel gear and suspension preload maxed out)

Have a good tip and if you need something, I'm in Los Angeles area...
Thanks for the offer! We'll be around LA on the 7th or 7th I think.

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
563 Posts
Keep the pics of the scenery coming:love:... all I can see from here is buildings.:cry:

Safe travels!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Day 9 - Continued down the coast over the last few days. Camped at my favourite spot near Big Sur. The site is on the base of a bridge piling, right above a beach. Pushed down the coast past the rebranded Vandenberg Space Force Base (previously an Air Force Base) through LA and part of the way to San Diego yesterday. Crossing into Tijuana today and down into Baja.

Tire Wheel Sky Water Plant

Water Water resources Sky Tree Watercourse

Plant Bedrock Grass Tree Landscape

Sky Cloud Plant Tree Road surface

1 - 20 of 56 Posts