Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Looks like the Mexico I left behind. Lots of [aching] soul. Can't wait to get back.

Your ferry was not Russian made? (lucky you)

I reckon some of the offboarding delay was drug inspections?

Excellent shots @InedibleRider.
I think the boat was a German freight ship at one point, but wasn't as bad as I was imagining. Many drug and human trafficking inspections.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Day 23 - We hiked around Zion National Park for a day then spent a night in Las Vegas before the wife flew home and I continued north through Nevada. We managed 20 days and 8500km of riding together and the Twin never made a peep...the wife however ;). I made camp in the mountains along highway 6, then headed Northeast along hwy 50 before breaking north for Idaho. Ripped around Southwest Idaho and then into Oregon last night. I've picked up two nails in the rear tire in the last few days. First one was in the middle of nowhere and my rubber cement had exploded in the hear at some point. Took me over an hour to get someone to stop that had some more cement. Hope the plugs hold!

Sky Plant Mountain Ecoregion Cloud

Sky Wheel Tire Blue Vehicle

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Mountain Plant community

Sky Tire Cloud Wheel Vehicle

Sky Plant Tire Wheel Mountain

Tire Sky Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Water Cloud

Wheel Tire Cloud Land vehicle Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Better late than never...

Day 27 - With 11,163 kilometers on the trip ODO and 50,200 total kilometers on the 2020 AS, I rolled into the home stretch and safely to a stop at my front door.

The bike performed flawlessly, aside from about a half dozen false neutrals between 5/6 that I put down to distracted shifting and/or a wearing final drive. No oil changes along the way, but I added 700ml total (full synth). Its dark, but not particularly dirty. Two or three chain cleans and a few breather drains and that was about the extent of the required maintenance along the way.

I had Michelin Anakee Adventures fresh for the trip. The front is barely worn. The rear has plenty of tread, but despite the dual compound design and the chicken strips being worn completely off it is quite squared. Its pretty clear we had a lot of weight on there, especially for the 8500km of 2up.

Malheur National Forest, Oregon
Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Mountain

John Day are of Oregon
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Motorcycle

Mt Hood
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Sky Mountain Vehicle

Washington state backroads
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

Mt St Helens
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Last night of the trip, Northwest Washington
Plant Sky Plant community Ecoregion Natural landscape

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,616 Posts
Fantastic @InedibleRider.

Mt. @Hood, eh? (I've actually seen the Hood - hard to miss that)
I am very famous that side of the pond, they even have a long Highway named after me :)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts