Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently on a trip to the Southwest US I've gone from Death Valley were it was103 F. To Moab right now with 35° in the morning. Here's a couple pics the first one is in Titus Canyon Death Valley where it's deep sand and gravel second one is in Moab White rim trail. I've done about 4000 km on the bike so far is doing really well only thing is the front brake seems to drag a bit when I go off road must be some dirt stuck in there .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
vancouver to the southwest to warm up

I'm posting with real spotty Wi-Fi right now from a Campground .another thing I forgot to add what's that I'm getting 287 km to a tank before the low fuel light comes . the high desert interstates with huge head winds makes a big difference on a gas mileage so I'm carrying another five extra Ltrs. with me just in case.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for sharing man. Where else do you plan to hit? So much good riding down this way. Do you plan to cross into Mexico and head into the Baja Peninsula? Next time you do something like this I recommend you look up the guys from Adrenaline Motorcycle Co-Op in Victoria BC. Great group of guys & gals. They do trips down this way quite often. One of the co-owners (Scott Collins) has an AT too. Good friend of mine and incredible rider & mechanic. Look them up. Good luck and keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vancouver to the southwest to warm up

Thanks for the info.Well just got back. Ended up going from Death Valley to Vegas, Moab, Vancouver. Got laid up in a motel for 3 days in Beatty Nevada sick as a dog but recovered and moved on. Like previously mentioned the bikes fuel range/mileage was horrible (averaged 6.5 - 7.2 l/100 kms) .That being said I was loaded up pretty good with mosko 35l panniers and 40l backcountry duffle averaging 125 km/hr with huge winds. Total trip was 6,200 kms ,oil level only dropped to mid point on the stick and my 12volt accessory plug failed (had to splice in another one beside it)Other than that the bike was flawless. Here's some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Soft luggage

That being said I was loaded up pretty good with mosko 35l panniers and 40l backcountry duffle averaging 125 km/hr with huge winds.
Nice photos. How are you liking that Mosko Moto soft luggage now that you've put a few thousand km on them? I'm looking closely at the Backcountry 40L for short trips myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really liking the mosko luggage. you can really overstuff them compared to hard panniers . the backcountry 40 is great and versatile. Only thing I noticed was that it was always against my back because I had the jerry can on the rear rack, made moving around on the seat a little more restrictive.Made a great backrest though when slabbing it for hours :smile2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts