Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alki. Over-run by creeps at night anymore. Unfortunately :(
Yeah that wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve only been in the winter, and I’m hoping West Seattle can avoid some of the negative elements that have been plaguing downtown.

Appreciate pic! It Brings back great memories. And it looks like the view from Salty's when I was there a few years ago.
One must take advantage of the sunny days, I’m learning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So @dan360 and @flyfishin69 I take it you’ve both been residents of the area? Any recommendations as far as Washington trail riding? I’ve heard about the Touratech rally and riding on the East side of the mountains, but there’s got to be some decent riding elsewhere. Thoughts?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah that wouldn’t surprise me. I’ve only been in the winter, and I’m hoping West Seattle can avoid some of the negative elements that have been plaguing downtown.

One must take advantage of the sunny days, I’m learning.
A fantastic day trip from Seattle, that you can add some forest roads to as well:

Head over to Bremerton and down to Skokomish, and connect to the 101 all the way to Port Townsend. Hop the ferry to Whidby Island then the Ferry to Mukilteo and back to Seattle. There are quite a few opportunities to hit dirt roads along the 101 heading up into the mountains of Olympic National Park. Lots of good camping.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A fantastic day trip from Seattle, that you can add some forest roads to as well:

Head over to Bremerton and down to Skokomish, and connect to the 101 all the way to Port Townsend. Hop the ferry to Whidby Island then the Ferry to Mukilteo and back to Seattle. There are quite a few opportunities to hit dirt roads along the 101 heading up into the mountains of Olympic National Park. Lots of good camping.
Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unfortunately I have nothing to add as far as riding out there. I only visited Seattle several times and that was prior to my adventure riding lifestyle took ahold. But the area all around Seattle I know is brimming with opportunities to "get lost". A bucket list ride would be through the Cascades and up into BC around Vancouver Island and back to Olympic coast...💭

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yessir lifelong on the wet side, with some stops in other places along the way. A fun day trip ride out of Seattle that won't take too long is FS70 out of Enumclaw up HWY 410, near Greenwater. You can also do the loop around Mt. Rainier Nat'l Park on pavement and see some great scenery.

There is some good riding on the peninsula, all over the peninsula, on USFS ground. Weyerhaeuser, Green Diamond (Simpson Timber), Rayonier et al used to leave many of the woods road open for use but lately are all permit only access. Unfortunate. There is actually some nice trails north of Shelton on Green Diamond land that is managed by a club local to the area. Everything from basic gravel woods roads to "double Black Diamond" level single track. They run a pretty cool hare scramble out there in the summer, usually.

The run over "Donkey Creek Rd." and "Spider Pass" from Montesano to the Wynoochee Dam, west to 101 at the Promised Land camp near Humptulips (yep, it's really Humptulips, just like it looks) and then back east past the dam, and either back down to Cougar-Smith Rd. and onto Matlock, Dayton, and eventually Shelton, with detours to the High Steel Bridge, or straight east past Satsop Center, over Spider Pass crossing by Spider Lake and eventually back to to 101 on the Hood Canal side by Potlatch, just north of Shelton. Fun rides on 2 or even 4 wheels. It can all be found on Google Maps, Mapquest, etc etc.

Doing the entire 101 loop is fun, too. Have a burger @ Fat Smitty's--leave a $1 bill on the wall--and the big tall grated bridge deck between Hoquiam and Aberdeen is always a great time after 8 hours on the bike....especially if it's 'misty' out.... lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts