Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought an Adventure Sports 2018. Great bike but these model variants are doing my head in. Says on my spec its an A2 -J but the manual gives two alternatives of 1000 A/D and another 1000A 11/D 11 when looking for chain slack measurements??? Jeezo wtf. Not DCT.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Hey @Pete W, welcome to the Forum.

Chain adjustment details ought to be labeled on the chain guard. Give that a check. On my 2019 model, chain adjustment is measured while on the side stand.

As for "A2-J", I think that refers to "A" for ABS, "2" for Sport Adventure, and "J" for model year. If another Forum member can correct this, please do.

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
303 Posts
adventure sport= large chain gap
1 3/4 to 2 3/16 or 45-55mm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Chain adjustment details ought to be labeled on the chain guard. Give that a check. On my 2019 model, chain adjustment is measured while on the side stand.

As for "A2-J", I think that refers to "A" for ABS, "2" for Sport Adventure, and "J" for model year. If another Forum member can correct this, please do.

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
313 Posts
Rectangle Slope Parallel Font Pattern

This is from the Service Manual, pages 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 are about the model differences.

The II = Adventure Sports Model

Reactions: Sled
1 - 6 of 6 Posts