Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not so 'good vibrations'...!

so at circa 3K - 3.5K RPM and most notably at 43 or 85 MPH there is a vibration on the bike and I'm at a loss as to where this comes from. It is faint; however, on a recent long journey at a constant speed i realised that, on reaching a roundabout, i went to down shift and my left foot had numb patches - as had some of my fingers. whilst not panicking, this is not normal.

any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
not so 'good vibrations'...!

so at circa 3K - 3.5K RPM and most notably at 43 or 85 MPH there is a vibration on the bike and I'm at a loss as to where this comes from. It is faint; however, on a recent long journey at a constant speed i realised that, on reaching a roundabout, i went to down shift and my left foot had numb patches - as had some of my fingers. whilst not panicking, this is not normal.

any ideas?
Did you do any mods to the bike lately?
Crash bars or skid plates can get in resonance at some rpm levels. Tyres cupping can also be a reason.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SLA-L22 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the thoughts, Harry.

The bike arrived with crash bars (Heed) and engine skid plate fitted, so no experience of bike without these modifications. The bike has done 3000 miles and tyres look good.

could it be wheel balancing? although this rarely happens in more than one speed, in my experience.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Tire pressure, maybe? Too low or too high.
Wheel balance could do it (even at only certain speeds).
Any adjustments to the suspension? Maybe too little adjustment to rebound or preload?
Boots - enough sole to cushion you?

Just a few ideas that are free and simple to try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts