Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

VSYSTO or INNOVV Feedback?

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  mhagadorn 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Thinking of installing a dashcam to the ATAS (will figure out later to which accessory power source). Anyone have feedback on the INNOVV or the VSYSTO? Looking for something that works well, not necessarily cheaper, and not a pain w/ bad app usage, etc.

Thank you!
Laz

#4 ·
I connected it through my ezCAN but it can be connected via the battery just as easily, probably easier in fact. Because I have it via the ezCAN I don't have the wake up on impact feature which you can have if directly fitted to the battery, it may be something I regret if some idiot knocks my bike over when it is parked but hopefully that won't happen :D

Starts automatically and you can take pictures or save videos from the handlebar control which is fairly unobtrusive.

I tend to go full on when installing things as I like cables to be routed neatly and tied securely but lots of people just feed wires through under the tank etc and it seems to work for them.

Some pics.

#5 ·
I connected it through my ezCAN but it can be connected via the battery just as easily, probably easier in fact. Because I have it via the ezCAN I don't have the wake up on impact feature which you can have if directly fitted to the battery, it may be something I regret if some idiot knocks my bike over when it is parked but hopefully that won't happen :D

Starts automatically and you can take pictures or save videos from the handlebar control which is fairly unobtrusive.
Thanks Hood! Final Q and appreciate the feedback: so you can just hook it to the battery directly and it doesn’t drain the battery? If that’s so, then that’s fairly idiot proof (I too would wire it a tad more cleanly, but would not remove the tank as you did; that’s a primo job by the way).

#6 · (Edited)
I am trying to remember but I think there is a power box with 3 wires. Two go to the positive and one to negative. When you turn off the ignition the camera shuts down correctly by staying connected for a few seconds then goes to sleep. If you have the wake up on impact wire connected (the second wire on the battery positive?) it wakes up and starts filming for a short while. Because of that there will be a constant current being used but it will just be mA I suspect.

#8 ·
Just found the instructions, they are in tiny writing and I am half blind but it seems you have a control box with 3 wires like I thought. However you only connect two to the battery and the third goes to a switched source such as the accessory socket or a tail light or whatever. That switched wire signals the control box to switch on and draw main current from the battery and also when switching off it tells the control box to shut down the camera in a manner that does not corrupt the current file.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.