Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking with a dealer for a couple weeks now about ordering a 2017 AT. That dealer quotes me MSRP (increased $300 for 2017) and offers me no incentives or deals whatsoever. I would also have to wait ~1-2 months for delivery.
There are however, other dealers reasonably nearby that have 2016 AT's in stock. With 2017 models on the way and it being winter, i might be able to get a better deal on a 2016. Heck, even if i pay MSRP i still save slightly just because of the 2017 price hike.
So, has anyone identified or confirmed any changes between the 2016 and 2017 models other than colors? Any improvements? Fixes?
If not... I'm having trouble thinking of any reasons why i would go through ordering and waiting for a 2017, when i could get a 2016 faster and potentially cheaper...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just rode home my new 2016 DCT model today (at a discount). It didn't look like there would be any changes made, with the exception of possibly different spokes, so I opted not to wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was going to wait till the 2017 but I got the 2016 model because in 150 years it will be a rare first year build it is going to be worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

PS I really got it because I could not wait and I got a really good deal lol.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
No difference apart from spokes supposed to b double dipped and changed to engine for emissions.some with 2017 in Europe say spokes still tarnish and I'd say 2016 engine a better one. Getting my 2017 Monday after tyre change.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm curious how much discount they gave crstep and Crocman. I had to pay full bullet for mine.
They are dearer here in Australia (And more so in New Zealand)
RRP was around $19200 in this state, I got $700 off retail (DCT) so ride away for $18500 (US$13968 on today's rate / $19200 $NZ)
Stamp duty, assembly, registration, liability insurance for the first year included.

The dealer wasn't aware of any updates for the 2017 model so went for the 2016, it could have been a up to five month wait at the time also.
Based on spokes only I made the right move, once the 2017 models come available on the floor it will be interesting to see what discounts amount to on last years model even if the same basic bike. (in the USA)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm curious how much discount they gave crstep and Crocman. I had to pay full bullet for mine.
I didn't get a fantastic discount, but I paid $14,400 out the door for my red DCT. My state has a higher tax rate. The bike was priced at $13,059. I know others got better discounts, but this is the lowest I could get negotiating between two dealerships.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Visited another dealer that has a 2016 DCT in stock. Huge dealership, very pleasant experience, and they quote me a price $1200 lower than what the local dealer quotes me for a 2017.
Not feeling very motivated to wait for and pay for a 2017...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello there -

I am exactly where you are. 2016 vs 2017. From what I've read, the spokes are now corrosion free (stainless steel) on the 2017's and the color choices are expanded. If I'm going to spend 12-13-14K or so on a new bike, I want the the more new and improved. Pretty sure going with the DCT tri color 2017 model as soon as available. Probably be another 6 weeks before they arrive or so and that's when the weather finally warms up anyway here in north Georgia. For resale purposes the 2017 will just be a year newer so any extra value would pass over. Currently drive a ole 2002 Suzuki Volusia crusier. Just tired of the big ole bike look and want to get back to my roots riding like a kid again on the dirt and trails. Can't wait for Spring!~

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd love if someone could offer a firm confirmation or info source on the spokes supposedly changing for 2017...
I've seen some say they are just double-dipped, and now you say that they're stainless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Better than NEW

I've been talking with a dealer for a couple weeks now about ordering a 2017 AT. That dealer quotes me MSRP (increased $300 for 2017) and offers me no incentives or deals whatsoever. I would also have to wait ~1-2 months for delivery.
There are however, other dealers reasonably nearby that have 2016 AT's in stock. With 2017 models on the way and it being winter, i might be able to get a better deal on a 2016. Heck, even if i pay MSRP i still save slightly just because of the 2017 price hike.
So, has anyone identified or confirmed any changes between the 2016 and 2017 models other than colors? Any improvements? Fixes?
If not... I'm having trouble thinking of any reasons why i would go through ordering and waiting for a 2017, when i could get a 2016 faster and potentially cheaper...
Contact me....I have (2) that is better than new...lot of adders and only 700 miles (+/-). Red/White. See my post under classified. david13050 at g_ail dot c_m

1 - 12 of 12 Posts