Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lucky to be close to a HUGE volume dealer (Southern Power Sports in Chattanooga, TN). They didn't have a wait list yet for the bike so I'm the first one on it :)

Seriously though, after 3 bikes purchased there in the last 14 months they owe me :eek:

Reactions: Paige

·
Registered
193 Posts
welcome, welcome... How did you like that CTX? I mentioned the DCT in another thread, never ridden one before???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CTX was comfy, and high tech. Riding that bike at night was awesome as it was full LED lighting.

The suspension however needs serious work, the phrase "bone jarring" comes to mind.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome!

You're brave, riding at night is what I try to avoid, can't trust drivers with that limited view they have of me. Then there's animals to worry about out on those county roads.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd venture to guess that at most Honda dealers, one would be able to walk in the door and likely be among the first to put money down. Obviously the dealers would love to take those deposits, as their total allotment of AT models for the year may very well depend on the number they are able to 'pre-sell'.

For myself, I'm not among those who would pre-order a bike before it's actually standing on the floor in the dealership.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also wonder if this is a bike US dealers are eager to sell?
I can't imagine why U.S. Honda dealers wouldn't want to sell the AT... with a base MSRP of $12,999, each one sold certainly should represent a nice profit. My guess would be in the range of $2000 to $2500 gross profit per bike.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can't imagine why U.S. Honda dealers wouldn't want to sell the AT... with a base MSRP of $12,999, each one sold certainly should represent a nice profit. My guess would be in the range of $2000 to $2500 gross profit per bike.
U.S. buyers might shave those margins down by finding a Honda dealer participating in the Costco auto/motorsport purchase program. It's a pretty good deal - and except for valuing a trade in bike, no haggling either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts