Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am going to take the leap away from BMW and my GS/GSA relationships so if anyone is thinking of selling a 2020 ATAS in the UK please get in touch. Red, white, blue preferred but I realise I probably can't be fussy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I am going to take the leap away from BMW and my GS/GSA relationships so if anyone is thinking of selling a 2020 ATAS in the UK please get in touch. Red, white, blue preferred but I realise I probably can't be fussy.

Thanks.
I’ve this I can show you the details 872 870 1346

·
Registered
47 Posts

Thanks.
if Red White Blue your preferred colour - don’t compromise. It’s the best colour combo to have.

Have you been in touch with some of the big uk dealers like Doble or Blade to see what deals they have on a brand new 2021 model ?
You get to pick your colour/ zero miles/ not worrying about tyres / brakes/ big service/ marks etc. Might be pleasantly surprised at their pcp deals.

I got a great deal last year with an ATAS / they also knocked money off if I’d arrange the uplift myself

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Colin, I haven’t been been in touch...on principle I’ve never considered brand new (never really been in a position financially!) but the instant depreciation puts me off. But I’ll give them a call next week...
I’d probably consider a demonstrator to try and take the edge off the cost....but I’d prefer one from a member as posted a couple of weeks ago. This is the start of my search but that advert is now my benchmark.

My last GS was well travelled, but I was doing 500miles a week on it, for 18months so pleased I went for a less than perfect specimen.
However, this time it’s a far more sensible route hence considering something in better shape/younger...but still probably not new. Some mates bought ATs new when they had the 0% offers...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my ATAS last May - mid lock down 1 on the 0% finance deal (although was an unregistered 1000 model). As mentioned - they also knocked money off if I’d arrange collection (arranged myself - £190 from Oxfordshire to Scotland)

In 2017 I was saving up to buy my AT brand new/ daughter at university/ wasn’t in market for a brand new bike. The dealership was a 10 min walk from the uni halls of residence so I walked in for a look one afternoon after dropping her back at the halls. They price matched the lowest offer I’d saw down south / low finance/ deposit down/ manageable payments & I was on the road in around a week. Zero miles/ my choice of colour/ full warranty

Good luck. The brand new route not for everyone but certainly worth a serious consideration

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Test ride booked at Bournemouth Honda for the 12th when they open....depsite speaking to a very uninspiring salesman! PCP at 4.9% which is the painful bit, but that give 3 years servicing and an extra years warranty. If they went to 0% I may consider it...but there is still a big chunk of depreciation waiting in there!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Test ride completed - I had an hour and a half and after getting comfortable with the DCT really enjoyed it. Used some roads I know well and found the bike very easy to ride. Didn't like the 'D' setting at all but in S2 and Manual it was fun at times. Coming back through town in heavy traffic the DCT came more in to it's own the more I got used to it.

Time to think on it now and see if it's enough to force me to break from a BMW...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven’t managed to find a suitable bike yet but I think the decision is made to go for an ATAS. Anyone thinking of letting theirs go?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd not be put off by depreciation if the bike is a keeper. Look at it as miles per smiles. (I was one of the guys who got the 25% off and 0% deal 3.5 yrs ago) Decent 4 yr old bikes are at c£7k so have lost £4k. £1k a year. Not too bad really.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Dave, I could probably stomach that loss but the current prices aren’t in that space. Some have lost £6-7k in 12 months....I can’t go down that route!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Two Wheels in Edinburgh have this unregistered ATAS 1000

it’s been sitting a while so perhaps some room for negotiation? Skip their finance/ arrange your own & more savings. Everything brand new

realise it’s unfortunately not the colour your after

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Dave but I’m after an 1100 with DCT and ES. Looks like a big ask but here’s hoping.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The way you quoted me with the ask for a bike in the UK threw me off! Not to worry...the search goes on as I don't think shipping from MA is workable with my budget!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts