Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Eastern Beaver fuse block installed on my AT. Can I simply snip the ring connectors of my Warm & Safe wire harness and wire directly to the PC -8 instead of directly to the battery? If I can wire directly to the PC-8 with a 15 amp fuse in the fuse block should I remove the inline 15 amp fuse from the Warm & Safe harness, just leave it in, or just cut it off with the ring connector?
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes you can just snip off the lugs and wire it in. I left my 15A inline fuse and put a 20A fuse into my FuzeBlock for that circuit. That way if/when the pigtail gets a short the in-line fuse will blow before the one buried inside the FuzeBlock.

Nice thing about the FuzeBlock is I can select which circuits are key switched. I have my heated gear key-switched so it won’t run down the battery if I stop the bike and don’t unplug the gear right away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had issues with my warm and safe gear not heating properly. Warm and Safe said it was because I hooked to Eastern Beaver Fuse block. I didn't really think that was the problem but went ahead and wired directly to the battery. Heated gear did seem to work better and I now have a port for connecting battery tender other items that need key off power.

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
I had issues with my warm and safe gear not heating properly. Warm and Safe said it was because I hooked to Eastern Beaver Fuse block. I didn't really think that was the problem but went ahead and wired directly to the battery. Heated gear did seem to work better and I now have a port for connecting battery tender other items that need key off power.
For some reason (I am sure there is a reason) your former circuit was not supplying the amount of current your heated gear was demanding. Connecting directly to the battery will allow complete access to all the current the battery can provide - of course at the risk of shorting the battery should your gear fail (e.g. short circuit). Hopefully your gear [circuit] has a fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts