Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the requirements to keep the Honda warranty in effect? I'm 150 miles from the dealer I bought the bike from and I wouldn't let the dealer in my town adjust my tennis shoe laces, much less my motorcycle. Since the bike is a DCT and a new model I will probably buy the extended warranty but I would like to know that, if anything happened, I would be able to collect on it. Can I do my own oil changes and valve adjustments?

I had a BMW R1200GS blow the engine up under warranty so I'm willing to pay extra for the insurance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've just extended my warranty read carefully as quite A FEW THINGS WHEELS AND EXTERNAL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS AND THE DASH ARE EXCLUDED

you MUST have it dealer serviced at the correct intervals

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
In the US you do not have to have it dealer serviced at the correct intervals, you can do it yourself. But that obviously varies from place to place.

In the US market the contract states:

"YOU will have to pay for the maintenance of yourself, including service at the scheduled intervals. YOU may perform the work yourself if YOU have the skills to do so. This will NOT void this CONTRACT."

It then goes on to say "WE recommend YOUR DEALER as the best place for fulfilling your service obligation." But a recommendation, not a requirement.

I realize that the OP is in Mexico, just posting as a reference for anyone in the US that might have the same question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts