Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around 5,200 miles I complained to my local dealer about corrosion on the AT's spokes and wear on the area where the factory bags attach. They put in a warranty claim, got a call direct from Honda a couple of weeks later. They simply asked how I used the bike, had it been near the sea, what Had I used to wash it, etc.

Front

Rear

Short story is; new wheels installed at 8,200 miles. Bag mount/grab changed bar a few days later. My original wheels went back to Honda to be examined. Maybe I'm the reason we're seeing new spokes for 2017? :wink2:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Honda has people looking through social media to see what owners are saying. It's one of the few sources they can get a real glimpse into ownership feedback. But of course they stay in the shadows.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do, the Honda rep confirmed it. I'd like to see them take a more active roll online though. Did anyone ever get an email when we registered on the Honda Africa Twin page? You know, the one that was supposed to update us on the bikes progress...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Taking a more active roll online is, in my opinion, the best way to deal with things. Everyone is online now. The most effective way to reach out to them would be through social media and emails. Simple

·
Registered
76 Posts
We have been claiming warranty replacement wheels because of spoke corrosion for months now. You hint you're the reason Honda has addressed the issue?
You must be important, glad to have you onside!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a MY17 AT and after only 600 miles my spokes have corroded so the spokes haven't changed! I'm going to give Honda a call after the festive season to see what they are going to do about it! To be honest if they replace them it won't make a difference as it will happen again, I want SS spokes put in as should have been done from the factory!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts