Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my AT to have the Sticky set switch replaced and also to have a check on the spokes - corrosion showing especially on the rear wheel and also chips/corrosion on the pannier lid aluminium insert on front and back edges mainly (Dealer has submitted a claim for these items)
This follows a replacement for one of the front indicators which had some of the LED's out.

I do however have to say how good the dealer Thunder Road in Bridgend South Wales have been in sorting out the issues, always a friendly welcome and no effort spared in getting the issues sorted out.

Have covered about 3,200m since the end of july when I collected the bike. Still absolutely love riding it even in the bad weather. The above problems have not spoiled the enjoyment and always eager to get out for a ride.

Does make you wonder though with the problems (especially switch and spokes which the dealer was not surprised with when I contacted them) if Honda have made some items to a cost as I have had Honda's (new and used) previously with no problems; and generally went to them for bikes that would wear well and withstand the British weather well.

Would be interested if any one else has had issues on the pannier lids.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Simon.getting my bike Monday.its a 2017 model and I'm hoping the sticky set button and spokes are solved.i didn't think the oem panniers and top box we're worth the money so am deciding what to get.same with heated grips.i hv read on form some people complain about corroded pannier lid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Simon.getting my bike Monday.its a 2017 model and I'm hoping the sticky set button and spokes are solved.i didn't think the oem panniers and top box we're worth the money so am deciding what to get.same with heated grips.i hv read on form some people complain about corroded pannier lid.
Thanks -the grips are Oxford one's I fitted as the Honda ones are pricey and have had some problems i think.
The Luggage is Ok for what I use it for (all on road work) and is a better fit than aftermarket items as the Honda ones fit to the bike body work and do not need additional carriers.

I hope you like your bike as much as I like mine - Extended my biking as with arthritic knees and hips my previous bike (pan european 1300) although a great bike was getting heavy and a bit cramped. The AT has allowed me to do 500 mile days with no problem (the DCT also helps and is a pleasure to ride with.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I turned 50 Monday last hence the AT birthday present to myself.my best friend mentioned that when u get on a bit,Harley's can be a handful and that the At been a much lighter bike will be great.who needs enemies with friends like that abide he is only 3 years my junior????.Bit like a second date do bit nervous till I get to no the AT better.hope I don't regret the second date?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts