Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda UK warranty doesn't cover European assistance as far as I can make out. It does if you buy a VFR 1200 but not the other bikes.

Wonder why? It's a bit annoying to have to shell out extra when you cross the Channel.

Anyone, anyone got any recommendations. I've tended to use the AA 5 star cover in the past but if there's anything better?

Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
According to my dealer, if you upgrade to a 3 year warranty (the Africa Twin comes with a 2 year one as standard), you get European cover for those 3 years. It might be cheaper to buy cover separately but I don't have a price for the warranty extension.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to my dealer, if you upgrade to a 3 year warranty (the Africa Twin comes with a 2 year one as standard), you get European cover for those 3 years. It might be cheaper to buy cover separately but I don't have a price for the warranty extension.
Thanks for the tip - I've just found it on their website. £320 for bikes over 600cc and it does indeed give you roadside assistance. I'll add it on when I talk turkey with the dealer and see what comes out in the wash...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts