Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2017 Africa twin and rather than buy a specialized sat nav i have an old android phone that i want to mount as a sat nav. i had a 12v socket fitted when i bought the bike but now i want an accessory that will plug into the input that will enable me to run a mobile phone and camera while riding.

I can find a double usb socket for a car but they are not waterproof.All i can find in a direct usb socket.I am looking for something like this but for motorbikes that will plug straight into my 12v socket.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've seen plenty of companies that have waterproof ones while the cover is on them.
As soon as you plug them in you have the issue of your USB cord likely not being waterproof.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a USB port with a rubber cap that I keep in my tank bag and run a lead out the the power plug on my handlebars. I use this to charge my phone. You could do this then run a USB cable out to the phone. Everything stays dry inside the tank bag. I've used this system for 3 years now with no problems.

Problem with using a phone is that when you lose the cell tower signal, which happens often where I live, you lose your satnav.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a USB port with a rubber cap that I keep in my tank bag and run a lead out the the power plug on my handlebars. I use this to charge my phone. You could do this then run a USB cable out to the phone. Everything stays dry inside the tank bag. I've used this system for 3 years now with no problems.

Problem with using a phone is that when you lose the cell tower signal, which happens often where I live, you lose your satnav.
i suppose i could use a usb connector in the 12v socket and drill a hole in rubber cap to run lead out to the phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts