Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I was unfortunate to have to lay my ATAS down as I got to a point I couldn't hold it any longer, anyway, it seems while picking it up by the bars I've twisted them on the right hand side.

My fault for having dropped it but really disappointed in the bars being so weak.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you sure they are actually bent? Could be twisted in the mount, or the controls are twisted on the bar on the right side. Odd to see a bar actually twist. You might loosen the fasteners and see if they will move back to where they were.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You can search on the mis-aligned bars posts that were discussed at length in the past. This is a common problem with the rubber mounted bars getting tweaked. Easy to fix. Loosen everything, re-align, then tighten it all up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can search on the mis-aligned bars posts that were discussed at length in the past. This is a common problem with the rubber mounted bars getting tweaked. Easy to fix. Loosen everything, re-align, then tighten it all up.

I released them from the clamps and they straightened a touch but still twisted a touch, do you mean release them from under the yoke ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts