Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Do any of you know how much a stock exhaust can weighs? I am thinking of getting a new can, just to shed some weight.

Also, can anyone weigh in on the Delkevic slip ons? They are about half the price of some of the premium names out there.

Any feedback on either matter is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

-G

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey mate, I don't the exact weight figures but my remus slip on is noticeably lighter than the stock can. My boss at work has a delkevic on his VFR800, it sounds mean! The are not as "pretty" as premium brands but they seem to be ok quality from what I have seen of his bike.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mate, I don't the exact weight figures but my remus slip on is noticeably lighter than the stock can. My boss at work has a delkevic on his VFR800, it sounds mean! The are not as "pretty" as premium brands but they seem to be ok quality from what I have seen of his bike.
Thanks for the info Kaosad. Any one else take their OEM can off and can guess how much it weighs? I probably don't need a new can, just bored and looking for an excuse to tinker with the bike.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey everyone,

Do any of you know how much a stock exhaust can weighs? I am thinking of getting a new can, just to shed some weight.

Also, can anyone weigh in on the Delkevic slip ons? They are about half the price of some of the premium names out there.

Any feedback on either matter is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

-G
Stock muffler is 5kg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put an Arrow on its about half the weight of stock and is not too loud also tucks in out of the way of panniers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Best to lose weight where it really shows,eg.the wheels.Lose the tubes with an Outex kit.About 3 pounds saving,all unsprung weight.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best to lose weight where it really shows,eg.the wheels.Lose the tubes with an Outex kit.About 3 pounds saving,all unsprung weight.
I almost pulled the trigger on that kit, but I got cold feet at the last minute. I wish I knew someone with the kit or was able to see it before buying it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If weight loss is your goal I see Honda have used a Lithium-Ion battery in the 2018 model, 5.1lbs weight saving just on that alone!

Reactions: rider_marc

·
Registered
415 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger on that kit, but I got cold feet at the last minute. I wish I knew someone with the kit or was able to see it before buying it.
I have 17,000 km on Outex now and have changed tires about a dozen times (knobs to road tires to knobs etc) Mine has been perfect, holds air much longer than tubes, wheel balance is better, I have fitted internal tire pressure monitors as well. I have had one rear puncture on the motorway continued for about 5km to next exit plugged with 3 tire plugs and continued, when I changed tire Outex was perfect. I still carry a 21inch tube just in case but the Outex seems to work fine.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have 17,000 km on Outex now and have changed tires about a dozen times (knobs to road tires to knobs etc) Mine has been perfect, holds air much longer than tubes, wheel balance is better, I have fitted internal tire pressure monitors as well. I have had one rear puncture on the motorway continued for about 5km to next exit plugged with 3 tire plugs and continued, when I changed tire Outex was perfect. I still carry a 21inch tube just in case but the Outex seems to work fine.
That's my plan as well; tubeless with a spare tube, best of both worlds!
Think I'll go the 3M route.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts