Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't see how it was going to fit conveniently under the seat but it does. And because of the skinny front wheel you do have a bit of space to get the lock around a railing or a bike park stand.
Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
what's the part number on that lock please?

also, in it's packaging...it wouldn't have outlined it's dimensions did it?

I know that somewhere in this forum somebody had figured out the size: 200mm x 1600mm etc.

(those aren't the actual measurements)

but is there a cheaper aftermarket lock that will fit?

how much was the honda lock?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was £95. But worth the extra money to be sure it fitted - its tight
It must be the same as the cbr600rr as the instructions are for that bike
Mike

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, just the main seat. The OP wanted to see how it would fit so they removed the rear seat for a better view.
Quite right. At first I wasn't sure which way round the U fitted but once you have seen the instructions and cross related them to the stupid little picture in the bike's owner's manual, you can work out which bits of plastic are designed to retain what - and the heavy locking part only goes in one way round.
I used it and the helmet cable tie for the first time yesterday - visiting a big hospital. The car parking is a total nightmare and very expensive. Motorbikes are free, can get right to the door and are allowed to lock up to the pedal bike stands. If anything it was quicker than my now departed NC750X as usually I had to empty loads of stuff out of the not-tank to get the U-lock out. Mind you having the not-tank meant I could leave my gloves and heated jacket in the bike but hey ho
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts