• 2018 Standard

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • 2018 Adventure Sport

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • 2019 Standard

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 2019 Adventure Sport

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • 2020 Standard (paid/awaiting delivery)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 2020 Adventure Sport (paid/awaiting delivery)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Manual Shift

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • DCT

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What “Twin” do you own ?

Just kinda curious as to what model most forum members currently have/ride..

A current picture of her all “dressed” up with all the improvements you’ve added would be nice too along with your vote.

THANKS!

Attachments

Reactions: Scorch Dugan

·
Registered
255 Posts
My 2017 DCT:

I love the bike, the only bike I've read about that I'd consider changing it for would be the 2020 ATAS DCT ES, but I'm unlikely to spend that much when my 2017 is already great for my needs.

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since this picture was taken I've put 50/50 tyres on it. Bridgestone AX41.
Yea, I’m still waiting for my ORM tires to wear out, otherwise I’d have a set of 50/50’s on mine...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea, I’m still waiting for my ORM tires to wear out, otherwise I’d have a set of 50/50’s on mine...
Yeap, I've kept my original ones for a long long road trip down the road (Nullarbor plain). But for now I am trying knobbies and they are great on and off road. You'll love 50/50's when you get them!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeap, I've kept my original ones for a long long road trip down the road (Nullarbor plain). But for now I am trying knobbies and they are great on and off road. You'll love 50/50's when you get them!
Yea had Kenda 270’s on my old bike and loved those tires. They gave me no issues lasted pretty long for a 50/50 and to top it off were ungodly CHEAP a set of front AND rear for under 100$ A bit dicey in the rain, but knobby’s on wet tarmac who wouldn’t expect that.. Yea can’t wait, the OEM tires on gravel at around 80 are a bit floaty; but it is, what, like a 90/10 tire, so I really can’t complain. But it did out due my expectations in mud... I kinda thought mud would be close to like riding on ice with those, but surprisingly they actually flung some mud and I was astounded... tho I’m sure most of it was just stuff that was just sticking to the tire getting flung off, but it did do some nice roost’s none the less...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Probably shared these pics before, but first pic is left-side with (Touratech Zega Mundo) pannier rack with boxes off early last spring and second picture is best I can find right now of right-side profile shot with boxes on, (but before I added the bar risers and handlebar guards). Gary

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably shared these pics before, but first pic is left-side with (Touratech Zega Mundo) pannier rack with boxes off early last spring and second picture is best I can find right now of right-side profile shot with boxes on, (but before I added the bar risers and handlebar guards). Gary
Nice ride :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2017 DCT loaded for camping. Now sporting a set of baja designs aux lights.
Nice.. How do you like the soft luggage?

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Surprised of how many DCTs, I thought they sold more standard bikes.
Yea they probably have sold more manuals, that just from the ones that voted here. Overall I’d say more standard’s, but not an overwhelming number

Reactions: Speedo007

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love the Mosko soft panniers, but am distraught in the fact that Mosko has a version 2 which allows for lockable security. I will be going to the long beach motorcycle show and inquiring if a retrofit kit will be made for the version 1. If there is a plan I will post.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I will be putting a deposit on a 2020 AT AS DCT here in Canada in a couple weeks. I wanted an upgrade from my '17 CB500X and always liked the AT. The new 2020 model checks all the boxes for me and I've had good luck with the Honda brand. They are supposed to start appearing in my area at dealers in January.

·
Super Moderator
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love my 17 AT but the 2020 is everything I want and why not you only live once...
I will be putting a deposit on a 2020 AT AS DCT here in Canada in a couple weeks. I wanted an upgrade from my '17 CB500X and always liked the AT. The new 2020 model checks all the boxes for me and I've had good luck with the Honda brand. They are supposed to start appearing in my area at dealers in January.
Just waiting for the pics and posts on the 2020 - I’m sure most of us will be drooling over them...>:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts