Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - the red plug is for the HISS which no-one in the America's gets. I wonder can we add HISS?

What are the two unused white plugs under the rider seat?

I'm wanting to store tools, tire levers, tubes, and my air pump in the bike instead of externally carrying a bag with them. The pump will fit under the pillion seat, and a tube or two. My tool pack will fit under the rider seat - but if I want to store my tire levers under there then I'll need to reshape some of the plastic (and maybe bend the tire irons to match the curve of the wheelwell). I've changed tubes on the side of the trail - and I really want all 3 tire irons (damned mesquite!).

The toolbox can hold a patch kit, and the side panel can hold the kit and a tube - but not two tubes (and I don't want to split the stuff up). Does anyone have a better use for them? Under the riders seat and forward into the tank there is some dead space under the plastic ledge they put in to give it a uniform bottom. If I could find a black plastic box close to that shape - then I'm good at reshaping plastic. I could fit my tool bag with tire irons in that combined space. Everything under that ledge gets dirty - so it would have to seal up well to keep my electrics clean. So far I have a pigtail SAE on the battery that goes on to power a soundblaster, or gets disconnected to power the tire pump. I'm probably going to add a PC8 and run the pump, a voltmeter, a set of aux lights and maybe a heated vest - but carrying the tools I sometimes need is paramount before a PC8 and other accessories...

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Honda Ignition Security System. Basically a coded key system.

The red plug is a diagnostic data link, when bridged it displays blink codes on the instrument panel for logged faults.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
you can read the DTC from this red plug , with the honda tool or with a sumitomo/OBDcable and a ODB 2 Can reader

·
Registered
196 Posts
those are not empty , you have a diode (near the DLC) and a resistor connected
the "free" slot on left side is intended for a two pins red connector for HISS diag.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The OP labeled "Rear AUX Power"
You get both ON and switched. This connection is for vehicle alarm; so ideal for powering a relay but I would not use it for much else.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Here’s some of the info you can pull off the OBD2 plug, which by the way, also blinks out the code (using the abs light) just by having the scanner plugged in.

Reactions: jamnut
1 - 11 of 11 Posts