Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone said you would not be able to get white in the states but I just read a write up that said that Dakar Rally is white. Dakar Rally is listed on the American Honda site so I assumed it was red. Does anyone know for sure what color Dakar Rally is?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd take any color. One thing I do not really care for is the AT's name so prominent on the side.

Like what I have done with my current Shoei helmet, I would over-lay some gloss-black, seven-year vinyl.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'd take any color. One thing I do not really care for is the AT's name so prominent on the side.

Like what I have done with my current Shoei helmet, I would over-lay some gloss-black, seven-year vinyl.
I wonder if we can get at the graphics to peel them back or if they're baked into the clear coat...

·
Registered
359 Posts
it could vary and this time around it could be either bakes in or sticked on, might be best for them to listen to us and go for something easy to remove

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't see why they would make them harder to remove. They know some people will want them gone, so why make that a more difficult task?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only place that Honda uses clear coat over decals/graphics is on fuel tanks.

If a decal is on a body cowl or fairing, it can be easily peeled off.

·
Registered
359 Posts
At least there's the option to wrap the tank if you want to keep the original finish as a way to preserve the bikes value, good if you plan on selling it a few years down the road since those permanent changes can discourage a lot of potential buyers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
IMO, the Dakar Rally Red color scheme is a really good look for the bike.

I also like the White/Red/Blue version, but we won't have that color option here in the U.S., at least not for the 2016 model year.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hopefully they'll consider it for some future year model, but that's going to depend on what ever reasons they have for offering specific colors in specific locations around the world and what they've done in the past

1 - 14 of 14 Posts