Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just replied to another thread asking for a definitive answer on what the G mode button does (it "pops" the clutch faster) after I found out for sure what it does earlier today - read on.

I have a 2017 DCT AT and like most thought of it as a really cool auto-clutch system. Today I listened to a podcast that someone pointed out to me a while ago called Adventure Rider Radio. In one episode they interview Warren Milner, one of the chaps actually responsible for designing the thing in the first place. There's a ton of really great info in the interview and to be frank it made me just want to go out and ride and fall in love with DCT all over again. It's well worth a listen. Google Adventure Rider Radio DCT and you'll find it ( I can't embed links as I'm too new here).

I think one of the key take-aways I got is that the designers thought of DCT not so much as an automatic gearbox, but as a "power delivery system". It's a subtle difference that becomes clear listening to the interview.

Edit: Fast forward to 30 minutes in for the start of the interview.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Froogle,

Thank you! I never knew there was an adventure rider podcast AND you explained DCT. Much appreciated.

Bookem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts